Full Head Transplant (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 10:31
Question 2....

If I was to put my head on Scarlett Johansen's body, would I ever leave the house.. ;)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
OK, so a question...

If I as to place Brad Pitts head on my body, would this make me Brad Pitt, or would it make Brad Pitt me?

You would be Brad Pitt since your brain wouldn't be there :D (the part of you which makes you, you)

Question 2....

If I was to put my head on Scarlett Johansen's body, would I ever leave the house.. ;)

I shiver when I say this, You wouldn't see the light of day again. :D:p:eek::cool:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 06:31
I shiver when I say this, You wouldn't see the light of day again. :D:p:eek::cool:

"You do know you gave me an evil hand, right? I've been writing kill kill kill on everything. It's crazy. It's crazy. Anything could happen." -Linsey McDonald

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
"You do know you gave me an evil hand, right? I've been writing kill kill kill on everything. It's crazy. It's crazy. Anything could happen." -Linsey McDonald

I dread to think what would happen if scotts hand was transplanted on scarletts body :eek: :D

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
You would be Brad Pitt since your brain wouldn't be there :D (the part of you which makes you, you)

That doesn't make sense.... How can 'I' be Brad Pitt if 'my' brain isn't there...

The question was, would I be Brad Pitt, or would Brad Pitt be me, clearly the answer is neither...

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
That doesn't make sense.... How can 'I' be Brad Pitt if 'my' brain isn't there...

The question was, would I be Brad Pitt, or would Brad Pitt be me, clearly the answer is neither...

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

If Brad pitts brain was still in his head, and functioned the same - he would still be brad pitt.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:31
And then... the old Woody Allen "Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex..." movie involving one of those "mad scientist" scenes in which Lily Tomlin is doing one of her schticks and is introduced as one of the doctor's crowning achievements... implanting the brain of a boy scout into the body of a telephone operator. I shudder to think of the possibilities.

For fans of Robert A Heinlein, there is "I Will Fear No Evil" in which a cross-gender brain transplant occurs and an old gazillionaire gets the body of a sweet young female. Then "he" discovers sex all over again but from the other perspective. (Some say that at that stage in his career, Heinlein had started down the road towards being a randy old goat, so maybe this is understandable.)

And as to the idea of body harvesting, it is done now for many parts including kidneys, corneas, and certain other transplantable parts. But there is a science-fiction novel series set a couple of centuries in the future involving a character known as "Gil the Arm" (based on transplants, of course). I forget whether that is Larry Niven or Jerry Pournelle, but it was one of those two who was the author. Anyway, Gil lives in a society where they bemoan the HUGE number of penalties that involve loss of some limb as a way of paying your debt to society. One passage sticks with me ... losing an internal organ if caught jaywalking on any federal highway.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:31
And then... the old Woody Allen "Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex..." movie involving one of those "mad scientist" scenes in which Lily Tomlin is doing one of her schticks and is introduced as one of the doctor's crowning achievements... implanting the brain of a boy scout into the body of a telephone operator. I shudder to think of the possibilities.

For fans of Robert A Heinlein, there is "I Will Fear No Evil" in which a cross-gender brain transplant occurs and an old gazillionaire gets the body of a sweet young female. Then "he" discovers sex all over again but from the other perspective. (Some say that at that stage in his career, Heinlein had started down the road towards being a randy old goat, so maybe this is understandable.)

And as to the idea of body harvesting, it is done now for many parts including kidneys, corneas, and certain other transplantable parts. But there is a science-fiction novel series set a couple of centuries in the future involving a character known as "Gil the Arm" (based on transplants, of course). I forget whether that is Larry Niven or Jerry Pournelle, but it was one of those two who was the author. Anyway, Gil lives in a society where they bemoan the HUGE number of penalties that involve loss of some limb as a way of paying your debt to society. One passage sticks with me ... losing an internal organ if caught jaywalking on any federal highway.

hate to think what it would be for packing a gun?

Blade

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
With that kind of response, don't expect him to STICK HIS NECK out for you. :p

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
In other news anyone here about the border collie being the first animal to have a severed spine reattached.

It is up and walking around again (Albeit with a little help, but they expect it to make a full recovery over a few years!)

Such a lovely thing to hear!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
In other news anyone here about the border collie being the first animal to have a severed spine reattached.

It is up and walking around again (Albeit with a little help, but they expect it to make a full recovery over a few years!)

Such a lovely thing to hear!

I did not, do you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom