Modal pop up form (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:36
When a pop up form is opened as modal and you try and click somewhere else it is not allowed and a warning tone is fired.

Is there anyway to detect that event?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Moke,

I found this via Google. I have not tried nor investigated.
You may see something .

Good luck.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:36
.. and the final result..., no way.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
When a pop up form is opened as modal and you try and click somewhere else it is not allowed and a warning tone is fired.

Is there anyway to detect that event?

As arnelgp said...no! Limiting interaction to the Popup/Modal Form, until it is closed, is the whole point of opening a Form in this mode!

If an error message were popped, you could trap that, but not the 'dinging' warning, to my knowledge.

If you explain you underlying need to do this perhaps we can offer a workaround.

Linq ;0)>

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yea I didn't think so. There really isn't any underlying need, more of a curiosity out of something I was fooling around with this morning. It would seem that there is some kind of event - the one that triggers the "ding ding", but it doesn't seem to be exposed in any way. Thanks for the feedback.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
...It would seem that there is some kind of event - the one that triggers the "ding ding", but it doesn't seem to be exposed in any way...
The 'event,' with a little 'e,' is caused by trying to move focus to somewhere other than the Modal Form, by clicking elsewhere...but there is no 'Event,' with a capital 'E,' hence the impossibility of trapping the event.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom