Check box issue (1 Viewer)

Hek

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:02
Hey All

Was wondering if there was a way to code a checkbox to move a specific line of data once its checked complete

If so, i would appreciate any help i can get :)

Cheers, Rhys.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Can you please elaborate?

Are you looking to do something in the form's BeforeUpdate to make a copy of the record?

Hek

Registered User.
Local time
Can you please elaborate?

Are you looking to do something in the form's BeforeUpdate to make a copy of the record?

Im very new to access and VBA so pardon my lack of knowledge.

Im looking to click a checkbox, and once that checkbox is clicked, i want that line of data to be transferred over to another table called "shipped orders" and for that data to be deleted from the original table, and only stored in the "shipped orders" table.

Attached is a screen cap of what i already have, to give you more of an idea.

Regards, Rhys.

Attachments

• mark troubleshoot.PNG
    mark troubleshoot.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 55

Mark_

Local time
Is that a form in continuous mode?

If so, you would want to use a button instead of a check box.

Important design question, what is different between your "Shipped" and original tables? Shipped would normally be a status for a line item (or a child record that shows how much was shipped and when) so you would normally never delete from the original table.

Can you please show your table layout and describe what you are trying to accomplish?

Not that the way you are doing it can't be done, but I'd rather make sure you are doing this in a way that causes you as few issues as possible.

Hek

Registered User.
Local time
Is that a form in continuous mode?

If so, you would want to use a button instead of a check box.

Important design question, what is different between your "Shipped" and original tables? Shipped would normally be a status for a line item (or a child record that shows how much was shipped and when) so you would normally never delete from the original table.

Can you please show your table layout and describe what you are trying to accomplish?

Not that the way you are doing it can't be done, but I'd rather make sure you are doing this in a way that causes you as few issues as possible.

The DB was built by the previous employee so im unaware of some things, but the form is in continuous mode yes.
I don't have a "shipped" table yet, but im hoping to get the data to go from this "orders menu" form and be transferred to a "shipped orders" form or table.

EDIT: The reason for this is the orders menu is very cluttered and my supervisor wants the orders menu to only consist of non shipped orders, and wants all the shipped orders to be stored somewhere else.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
The DB was built by the previous employee so im unaware of some things, but the form is in continuous mode yes.
I don't have a "shipped" table yet, but im hoping to get the data to go from this "orders menu" form and be transferred to a "shipped orders" form or table.

EDIT: The reason for this is the orders menu is very cluttered and my supervisor wants the orders menu to only consist of non shipped orders, and wants all the shipped orders to be stored somewhere else.
Hi. To unclutter the orders menu, all you should really need to do is modify it's query to filter out the shipped orders. There's rarely any need to create a new table and move the data there.

Mark_

Local time
Just to make sure, there is nothing in your table that shows 'Product shipped'.

An easy approach is to record the date the product was shipped. Then you can quickly filter out those records to keep your order form neat.

This does lead to "What information do you need to record about shipping" though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom