Win 10 / Chrome settings (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 13:11
When I wake up my new computer (Lenovo), set up by best buy, from sleep, not (boot) I get a scenic view, with the date /time. I then have to click on it and it gives me a picture, my name, and a start button. Is that controlled by Win 10, and if so where do I find the settings to change picture and name?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:11
The name is probably the name you use to login, you'd have to create another user (I think).

If you right click on the desktop and select Personalize and then Lock screen you can change the picture. The default is Windows spotlight, which is it choosing pictures you might like. You can change that to Picture and select the one you want.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
The name is probably the name you use to login, you'd have to create another user (I think).

If you right click on the desktop and select Personalize and then Lock screen you can change the picture. The default is Windows spotlight, which is it choosing pictures you might like. You can change that to Picture and select the one you want.

Paul, thanks for the help. Got me to the right area
Here is the final

Change Account Name
Open Control panel
click change account type
choose account
click change account name

Change Account Picture
Go to account settings
Click your account Info
Scroll down to create your picture
Choose camera or browser for one

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah good, I didn't realize you could change the account name.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Ah good, I didn't realize you could change the account name.

I have been wanting to get out your way for a long time but it doesn't look likely. As I write I am in a hotel on my way to Jackson, MS. In Nov. they are sending me to Guadalajara, Mexico. Lord willing in Dec. I should have lunch with Doc_Man on my way to Louisiana. My favorite saying, "so many restaurants, so few meals" Some of my friends said don't go to Guadalajara, it has a high crime rate, and they are right, but according to world stats Ocala, FL where I live has a higher crime rate.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:11
Hey, Dick - you are always welcome. We can find a decent plate lunch or sandwich shop in my area any time you want to drop by. Just give me a little warning is all I ask so I can keep the date open.

Paul, you can change your account name on Win7 as well as Win10. However, it does not change the "Owner" designation on folders. It just changes the displayed name on login.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Hey, Dick - you are always welcome. We can find a decent plate lunch or sandwich shop in my area any time you want to drop by. Just give me a little warning is all I ask so I can keep the date open.

Paul, you can change your account name on Win7 as well as Win10. However, it does not change the "Owner" designation on folders. It just changes the displayed name on login.

As of right now it looks like Dec 5 or 6

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Dick - let me know if you do get out this way. I don't go south much; too hot and humid down there! :p

Doc - Thanks, I guess I never really looked into it. I typically set up my own computer so it starts out with the name I want.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
A few years back our UK friends got together for lunch. I offered all the UK crowd to come to FL and I would treat, but they said a little too far. I thought it was a great idea and so since I travel constantly thought I would try it here. The only luck I had was with Vassago in Jacksonville, FL and he has since moved, and Doc near New Orleans. I like trying new food and both times I had something different. With Vassago we went to a place where we had buffalo burgers and with Doc some Creole shrimp. I had something different for breakfast this morning, but by accident. I had a prime rib omelet. I had ordered a cheeseburger omelet. BTW: Vassago, If you read this let me know where you moved to. You told me but I did not write it down. My next stop is in Jackson, MS. Anybody there want to get together give me a shout.
Paul, what’s different in the way of food your way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom