Cry for help - Google Mini (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:16
Hi all

Uncle Gizmo kindly gave me a Google mini, that was playing up with him.
It has worked pretty flawlessly for me, other than this problem.

I *used* to be able to say 'Play Radio Paradise for 10 minutes' and the device would stop after the requested time. Now despite saying it will stop after requested time, it plays the music, then says 'Something went wrong, please try again later'

If anyone has a Google Mini, would they mind trying the command or confirming it works fine for them.?

I've bought two others and it is the same on those. Tony what did you get me into? :D

I've reset the router and gifted device as asked by Google, with no difference.

Personally I do not believe it is the device(s) at fault, just their comms with Google?

If someone can prove me wrong, at least I can explore other options/tests and report the results to Google, whose support is admittedly pretty good.

TIA

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
No, I am more than happy with the one you gave me, thank you. I've even bought two more and 4 home sockets that they can control. :D

It is just a little annoying that the feature used to work, but not now and that is on the brand new units as well.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:16
Tried it. It first said it will play for the alotted time and then said something went wrong. Your not alone.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Tried it. It first said it will play for the alotted time and then said something went wrong. Your not alone.

Thank you Moke123. That is brilliant and something I can report back to Google.

They said their unit worked OK. It is not even a UK problem either. :D

If I try YouTube music, mine ignores the duration request and just plays music saying 'Playing Youtube music'.:banghead:

I'm not even going to try a factory reset on the other one.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Could it be that it's Christmas and your speech is a little slurred.... ?

Sent from Newbury UK

adomanim

Local time
Today, 06:16
Now I'm raring to go, to build my new Nifty walks website only to discover that I cannot take possession of the Nifty walks URL straight away I have to wait 60 days! No idea why?

Snaptube Telegram Web Vidmate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom