What's your feeling about churches and Christianity? (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:58
hopefully you agree with me when I say that I'm part of the minority out there that are not acting like hateful Christians

After consideration, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Subject, of course, to later determination of whether you sometimes DO foam at the mouth even when NOT drinking cheap beer.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
After consideration, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Subject, of course, to later determination of whether you sometimes DO foam at the mouth even when NOT drinking cheap beer.
is that an indirect proposal to a real life get together?

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 13:58
vba_php I've noticed since you started posting most of these posted have been designed to get a reaction from one group or another, You do help with coding issues but your aim seems more pointed to creating controversy.

I have nothing against a good debate but when you post one issue after another it just seems to me like somebody grabbing for attention.

nothing personal but I see what I see.

mick

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
vba_php I've noticed since you started posting most of these posted have been designed to get a reaction from one group or another, You do help with coding issues but your aim seems more pointed to creating controversy.

I have nothing against a good debate but when you post one issue after another it just seems to me like somebody grabbing for attention.
Colin told me the same thing. and no, that's not right. But if you guys feel that way, then don't respond. That's how you can fix your issue right away. Remember you can always put me on your ignore list too. I like to talk about a lot of things, as a way to entertain myself and make the work fun, which otherwise I would find it boring and totally ridiculous. Same is true for the big players' current technological advancements that are becoming so smart, they are starting to make no sense and become overly ridiculous as well. case in point, see attached image. That website's AI robot seems to think it knows me and my experiences based on what is returned by the scanning software, but yet what it suggests to me in email messages has nothing to do with my interests, experiences or qualifications. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• AI_thats_totally_offbase.jpg
    AI_thats_totally_offbase.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 140

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 13:58
Colin told me the same thing. and no, that's not right. But if you guys feel that way, then don't respond. That's how you can fix your issue right away. Remember you can always put me on your ignore list too. I like to talk about a lot of things, as a way to entertain myself and make the work fun, which otherwise I would find it boring and totally ridiculous. Same is true for the big players' current technological advancements that are becoming so smart, they are starting to make no sense and become overly ridiculous as well. case in point, see attached image. That website's AI robot seems to think it knows me and my experiences based on what is returned by the scanning software, but yet what it suggests to me in email messages has nothing to do with my interests, experiences or qualifications. :rolleyes:

I wont be adding you to my ignore list as haven't added anybody since I joined the site.

As i said you do offer help.

There are a number of members who I enjoy reading their posts as they are full of goodness regardless of the size.

mick

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
is that an indirect proposal to a real life get together?

No.

EDIT: Interesting observation: When I tried to post the simple "No" WITH THE QUOTED STRING above it, the forum s/w said my response was under 10 characters. So quoted items don't count in reply length.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
So quoted items don't count in reply length.
I'm surprised you've just noticed that Richard. I've been aware of that for quite some time. That's why most of my final replies that quote the OP, where I'm only issuing a smiley face look like this:
........... :)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
if anyone would like an example of Christians in this world that are actually using the concept of God to do damage inadvertently you might be interested in this image, which went viral on the internet not too long ago, after its creator claimed that it was God showing his existence in heaven to people on earth:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Somebody photoshopped a pair of cloudy hands, eh? On another forum that will remain nameless at this time, I am constantly calling down people for the heinous act of "lying for Jesus." I have to remind them of that little commandment about "bearing false witness." Damned fools can't even follow their own rules.

Even if you take the restricted meaning of "bearing witness" to the context of "bearing witness to God's works" - this one is SO much a case of "false witness" that the person should have been destroyed by some horrible cataclysm before attempting to post it. So if the guy is still alive, I guess that is at least partial proof that God must not exist, right? :rolleyes:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 09:58
Do we need another religion thread?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
No. Too short. No, no, no!
oh come on you guys its not THAT much of a controversial topic! May i point out again tho that there is a huge difference between "religion" and "being a follower of christ". Dont make the mistake of confusing the 2. One is damaging. 1 is not. Depending on who you encounter though of course.....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I did try to steer him that way, V, but ... water off a duck's back.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, I went to the dentist. There was an issue of National Geographic where the theme was Jerusalem, the birthplace of Christianity. A lot of nice pictures to instill a pleasant feeling of nostalgia, unfortunately it avoids a very significant point - a point not to be discussed. The short answer, stripped of all the nuances, Western Christians abandoned Orthodox Christians and ceded the Middle East to Islamic expansion.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
unfortunately it avoids a very significant point - a point not to be discussed.
wouldn't this be the perfect thread to discuss that though, Steve? Why not reveal your secret?
Western Christians abandoned Orthodox Christians and ceded the Middle East to Islamic expansion.
I don't think I get that. Care to expand? There *is* such a thing as *Messianic Jews*, and a lot of them are located in the middle east where followers of Christ are still persecuted very heavily. I talked to a Jewish rabbit at the hospital here in town 2 months ago and I remember him saying that there are no Jews left in the world that believe in Christ. Clearly he's mistaken.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:58
We have former members of our church who were *Messianic Jews*, I am not sure if they were brought up Jewish or their parents were. Anyhow they converted to Christianity. But gave our church a rich history of the feasts and festivals and how they are related to Christ. On another note, a former co-worker of mine is a Copic Christian. He is originally from Egypt and he showed me a lot of history of the Copic Christian church. It is obvious that a number of western 'Christian' churches have strayed from the early beliefs of Christian followers.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
wouldn't this be the perfect thread to discuss that though, Steve? Why not reveal your secret?I don't think I get that. Care to expand? There *is* such a thing as *Messianic Jews*, and a lot of them are located in the middle east where followers of Christ are still persecuted very heavily. I talked to a Jewish rabbit at the hospital here in town 2 months ago and I remember him saying that there are no Jews left in the world that believe in Christ. Clearly he's mistaken.
There is no secret. It's one of those factoids lurking in the background.

Here goes an abbreviated summary. Prior to the 1800s Western Europe was weak and disorganized. It could not really mount a counter offense against Islamic expansionism. In fact, Columbus went west to avoid Muslim lands.

The Catholic and Orthodox Christian churches split in 1054. Well, if you live in Western Europe, your history was more or less written by the Catholic Church. Consequently, those in the West, only heard one-side; that of the Catholic church.

Following the end of WW1, there was the break-up of the Ottoman Empire. Some lands, such as Constantinople and portions of western Turkey were returned to Greek control. However, the Greeks started a war that they could not win. The Greeks started to lose and appealed for help. Western Europe failed to come to the aid of the Greeks. In the end, the Greeks lost. It was, unfortunately, their fault. (Unfortunately, the Turks used their "win" to commit massive genocide on Armenians and Greeks.)

The break-up of the Ottoman Empire was a lost opportunity to return Jewish control to Palestine and to protect the Orthodox Christians communities in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, and Turkey. Unfortunately, it seems that Britain and France where not interested in doing that. (At this point, I have to plead a degree of ignorance)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Oh? Did he cover his hare with a yarmulka?
:D smarta$$. I seem to be having a lot of *Colin* moments lately with my lack of typing ability. :rolleyes: Let us all see my admittance....RABBI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom