View pdf in Microsoft Access 2013 From (1 Viewer)

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:38
Hi All,

I would like to view pdf files in the Form window not outside the form it's viewed only jpg files.``

I tried arnelgp sample in the below link but it's same not working in my MS Access 2013 version

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/generic-office-document-viewer.297837/

Please find below screenshots from my PC when I select jpg and pdf:

1. view .jpg file:
Capture2.PNG

2. view .pdf file:

Capture3.PNG

Your earliest response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much in adance!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:38
Is this not a re-hash of the same post here?

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
Dear Micron,

It was in another Forum: Microsoft Access Discussion > Froms.

As the vba_php suggested to communicating with theDBguy to solve my issue, did I did something wrong here I am still learning please consider my limited knowledge.
I am so sorry about that if you could lead me to communicate with the theDBguy, also I tried another approach in the below video:

I got this error:
"The OLE server isn't registered"
To register the OLE server, reinstall it"
There is no object in this control"

I think there is a problem with Access 2013.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:38
I am so sorry about that if you could lead me to communicate with the theDBguy,
dbGuy always has intelligent things to say around here, and I'm sure around Utter Access too, but I haven't seen much from him lately. I'm wondering if he has changed his strategy with regards to answering questions. I have no idea.....
I think there is a problem with Access 2013.
If I remember right, Alhakeem, the problem very well may be what I suggested in the other thread, in that you are trying to do something that is a little bit unorthodox and not very common. Could that be the case? Have you explored any workarounds or other options?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:38
I'm not a moderator but I do think it's safe to say that posting the same issue in more than one forum on the same site is frowned upon. If there's a forum rule that a moderator wants to point out, I'll leave that up to them. Maybe they'll delete this one and ask you to continue with the other one, especially since you have answers there. If you want to get the attention of someone specific you can try sending them a personal message (PM). Find an answer they've posted, click on their avatar (yours is the letter A) on the far left and choose to start a conversation.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:38
Hi all. Sorry for barging in, but I received a PM from the OP to take a look. Unfortunately, I am currently out of the country, so I only have limited Internet access.

In any case, from my limited experience with PDFs, whether it's viewed inside or outside the web browser has nothing to do with Access. I do this all the time, for example, take a look at this other thread at UA. The setting to do this is within the PDF reader, so you'll have to change it, in your case.

Hope that helps...

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
dbGuy always has intelligent things to say around here, and I'm sure around Utter Access too, but I haven't seen much from him lately. I'm wondering if he has changed his strategy with regards to answering questions. I have no idea.....If I remember right, Alhakeem, the problem very well may be what I suggested in the other thread, in that you are trying to do something that is a little bit unorthodox and not very common. Could that be the case? Have you explored any workarounds or other options?

Thank you for your post, I am so sorry to bother you with me.

Actually the main issue as I posted in my previous post is that how can I view pdf file inside the form? And I asked too if it is possible to edit the pdf file at that view then you answered that it's not possible, from this point I am coviensed that it's impossible to achieve editing the file.

Now I am waiting theDBguy once he get a chance.

Thanks again.

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not a moderator but I do think it's safe to say that posting the same issue in more than one forum on the same site is frowned upon. If there's a forum rule that a moderator wants to point out, I'll leave that up to them. Maybe they'll delete this one and ask you to continue with the other one, especially since you have answers there. If you want to get the attention of someone specific you can try sending them a personal message (PM). Find an answer they've posted, click on their avatar (yours is the letter A) on the far left and choose to start a conversation.
Thanks Micron for your reply, I am new in MS Access, I hope one day to return your support.

Thanks a lot.

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
Hi all. Sorry for barging in, but I received a PM from the OP to take a look. Unfortunately, I am currently out of the country, so I only have limited Internet access.

In any case, from my limited experience with PDFs, whether it's viewed inside or outside the web browser has nothing to do with Access. I do this all the time, for example, take a look at this other thread at UA. The setting to do this is within the PDF reader, so you'll have to change it, in your case.

Hope that helps...
Wow thanks the DBguy that's exactly what I want. :)
Sorry to bother you with me.

I will check the Preferences in Adobe Reader tomorrow and I will let you know all.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:38
Thank you for your post, I am so sorry to bother you with me.
I'm glad you got a solution to your issue, Alhakeem. But let me tell you something, if there's anything that annoys the heck out of me, it is when someone says:
I'm sorry I'm such a bother
That's the same thing as someone telling me this, when I'm trying to explain something like Object Orientation in the simplest manner possible and giving them real-world scenario equivalents:
I'll never get this. This is too difficult
NONSENSE. You're not a bother! The purpose of people here is to help out. Saying things like that because you might feel inferior based on the knowledge that other people show you is just utterly ridiculous. So please don't do that! You can ask as many questions as you want, and more than likely someone will help you every single time. K?

Alhakeem1977

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks all of you, This is to confirm that the issue has been solved, I checked the db in my office it works perfectly after I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader DC ( because my previous version dose not containe "enable PDF thumbnail previews" selection) then I followed the below stips:
  1. Open the reader,
  2. Go to Edit
  3. Then Preferences
  4. Go to General Tab
  5. And check "enable PDF thumbnail previews"
Thanks again theDBguy, vba_php, Micron and nector.

Next time I will be careful not to post the same issue in another forum I wasn't aware that I can send direct message to the members after the new changes in the site, plus I thought it's different sites not different forums. :giggle::giggle: sorry for that it's my mistake.

I was searching the whole last week and did not get any solution, really I love this forum especially theDBguy and all of you too.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:38
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom