Solved Clickable Long Text in Report (simulate hyperlink) (1 Viewer)

dgreen

Local time
Today, 09:16
I'd love for someone to show me how I can transform a long text, plain text value into a clickable hyperlink in a report. The value that I'm storing works with the Application.FollowHyperlink, but now I want to export my reports with a clickable link.

So far, what I've found tells me that I need to convert the field to a hyperlink value. Since some of the sites I'm storing are longer than 255 characters (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16424917/long-url-in-sharepoint-for-url-type-field), I don't think that's an option.

I tried the below hoping that it might work but it's only displaying #Type! for every entry.

Code:
="#" & [Website_SharePoint_Site] & "#"

The solution will have to handle SharePoint links, local computer paths and websites.

Last edited:

dgreen

Local time
Are you suggesting taking the form and somehow putting it on the report? I'm not tracking what you're recommending.
You can do it in a form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:16
Hi. All you really need is:

="#" & [FieldName]

The reason you're getting an error is because you modified an existing control bound to the field, which resulted in a circular reference. Either use a new unbound textbox or change the name of your original textbox. Also, don't forget to set the Is Hyperlink property to Yes.

dgreen

Local time
I did exactly what you said, causing that circular logic issue. Damn that was easy.
1586216774109.png

The reason you're getting an error is because you modified an existing control bound to the field, which resulted in a circular reference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom