Solved Hiding Privacy Options for Untrusted Database (1 Viewer)

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 09:41
This should work.

NotTrusted.png

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:41
Hmm, well I'm getting Macro Single Step Error 2001.

So I guess you're right.

Best policy may be to ensure the location is trusted. In my case, my .bat file copies the front end from the server to a local folder on C:, and we don't see the yellow bar. This code is really just a back up policy that gives the user some instructions on how to proceed.

In case you really need to lock it down, I would suggest giving a msgbox with instructions and exiting the application if not trusted. The user will open a blank instance of Access and go into their Options to set the trusted location.
Hi. Thanks for testing it and letting us know. Cheers!

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Is there a list of those actions? I tried to search on Google but couldn't find any.

here is a link for macro actions by category. Any action that can change data isn't "safe" such as SetValue and DeleteObject. "Safe" actions include opening objects, finding records, giving messages, and more.

Macro commands
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/of...cess-macro-actions-access-developer-reference

When you're in the Macro Designer, if you don't turn Show All Actions on (Macro Tools, Design ribbon tab), then the actions you can pick from are safe ones ;)

zeroaccess

Local time
When you're in the Macro Designer, if you don't turn Show All Actions on (Macro Tools, Design ribbon tab), then the actions you can pick from are safe ones ;)
I had been wondering about this - that is a great tip.

Pac-Man

Local time
Today, 19:41
Thanks a lot for the link and specially for this tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom