Barcode Height (1 Viewer)

RevJeff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:38
Is there a way of increasing the barcode height in a text field on a report without increasing the length? I am just trying to make the lines longer.

Thanks

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:38
Have you tried stretching the textbox the bar-code is presented in vertically? Making it a little bit taller?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:38
AFAIK, textbox does not stretch fonts, barcode or otherwise. Watched a YouTube confirming that.

Images can be stretched but barcode is a font set.

Read a discussion indicating stretching barcode lines can make them non-functional. So even if could in Access, probably shouldn't.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
textbox does not stretch fonts, barcode or otherwise.

I guessed as much. I haven't got anything with bar code fonts in to test it at the moment.

There was a recent thread HERE:-

VBA barcode code generator not working

That thread shows a bar-code being drawn on the report with some special software.

In other words it doesn't use a font.

I think it would be possible to increase the height of the bar-code "BAR LINES" with the special software and make a bigger barcode.

I can't understand why the OP wants a bigger barcode? I never had any problems with them in that respect.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've just done a test using a Sample Microsoft Access Database containing James Isle Mercanti's VBA for Generating a Bar-code and indeed you stretch the text box size in any way you want and the bar-code will fill it exactly! So you can have a short fat bar code or a long thin barcode, whatever you want, using that particular software.

The VBA Bar-code generator code is also provided by the OP of the other thread, this thread here:-

VBA bar-code code generator not working

Wayne

Crazy Canuck
Local time
Hi Gizmo,

Where did you get that VBA for generating bar codes?

Wayne

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Where did you get that VBA for generating bar codes?

The VBA Bar-code generator code is also provided by the OP of the other thread, this thread here:-

Wayne

Crazy Canuck
Local time
Thanks Gizmo. I'll play around with it in my sandbox.

Wayne

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
There are some issues with it if you're using it on 64-bit Access 2016. See the problem and a possible solution in the other thread.

Wayne

Crazy Canuck
Local time
Thanks Gizmo. I do have 64-bit Windows, and Access 2019. Same issues?

Wayne

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:38
Issue is with 64-bit Access, not 64-bit Windows.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I do have 64-bit Windows, and Access 2019. Same issues?

Give the code a try on your version of MS Access and please report back if it is successful or not.

RevJeff

Registered User.
Local time
I guessed as much. I haven't got anything with bar code fonts in to test it at the moment.

There was a recent thread HERE:-

VBA barcode code generator not working

That thread shows a bar-code being drawn on the report with some special software.

In other words it doesn't use a font.

I think it would be possible to increase the height of the bar-code "BAR LINES" with the special software and make a bigger barcode.

I can't understand why the OP wants a bigger barcode? I never had any problems with them in that respect.

The barcodes are being printed on labels and forklift users need to be able to scan them at a distance. It is just easier for them if they were taller.

RevJeff

Registered User.
Local time
I've just done a test using a Sample Microsoft Access Database containing James Isle Mercanti's VBA for Generating a Bar-code and indeed you stretch the text box size in any way you want and the bar-code will fill it exactly! So you can have a short fat bar code or a long thin barcode, whatever you want, using that particular software.

I will give it a shot. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom