Task Details - Electronic Signatures (1 Viewer)

sassysloth

Local time
Today, 10:45
Hey, newbie here. I've used access before but a while ago. I've brought some access how to books but I can't find the answers I need. Even on google! So I'm not sure its possible but help from you guys would be great.

So I'm working on a database created by my manager. Its used for task management and tracking. So we have a task list - you can click individual tasks for more information. This brings up a task details form. What myself and manager are wanting to do is be able to apply electronic signatures - the task will be hosted on a SharePoint system and be passed through the team and each person will do their piece and populate their tab and then pass it on. so from an audit point of view electronic signatures would be excellent.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:45
Hi. When you say "electronic" signature, are you talking about a digital certificate or the user scribbling on the screen? If it's the latter, take a look at this.

sassysloth

Local time
I had thought about handwritten signatures but on other documents we use digital signatures so yeah a digital certificate

thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I had thought about handwritten signatures but on other documents we use digital signatures so yeah a digital certificate

thanks
Hi. Just curious, do you use soft cert or hard token?

sassysloth

Local time
Hi. Just curious, do you use soft cert or hard token?

I think they are soft cert - we all have our own company laptops and logins etc. we have the ability to electronically sign other documents but I'm not sure if multiple people can sign the same access database task. Sorry - as i say I'm fairly new to access but do have some IT knowledge.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I think they are soft cert - we all have our own company laptops and logins etc. we have the ability to electronically sign other documents but I'm not sure if multiple people can sign the same access database task. Sorry - as i say I'm fairly new to access but do have some IT knowledge.
Okay, I have no experience with digital certs, but a quick look around got me here. Maybe you can use it as a starting point. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom