Biden on Healing and Unity (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 08:01
No surprises, just more empty platitudes for political theater. In his inaugural address: Biden calls for end to 'uncivil war' in America: 'With unity, we can do great things'. Look at other headlines, Biden announces Day One erasure of Trump legacy. Previously covered, the efforts of some on the "left" that demanding that Trump cultists be "deprogrammed". Reading between the lines, the Biden administration has no intention of representing all the people in the US. The Biden administration will only be promoting the objectives of the Democratic Party. For the Democratic Party, the end to uncivil war and bring unity to this country is the complete surrender of the nearly 74 million people to the Democratic Party agenda.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:01
The Republicans have been rejected by the people. Get over it.

Sorry, G, but I have call that down. Well over 40% of the people DIDN'T reject Republicans. If the Dems don't work in a spirit of compromise, they are the worst kind of winners - the "I've got you now and you can't get away" type. This is the attitude that cost them the 2016 election.

Yes, the Dems had a majority - but it was slim and DEFINITELY not a total landslide. So NO. The Republicans have NOT been rejected by the people. They have been overbalanced - but they are still here.

And speaking of "getting over it" - did you mean in the same way Hillary got over losing in 2016?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:01
Somebody didn't get the unity memo. Same folks who showed up on the 6th... just saying

1611205384268.png

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
New York Post Editorial: President Biden promises bipartisanship — let’s see if he means it
Yet in the last couple weeks, many Democrats and their media allies have made clear they’ll brook no disagreement. Social media giants have booted outgoing President Donald Trump and many conservatives off their platforms while commentators talk about the need to “deprogram” Trump voters.
Biden resurrects the traditional bogyman of "racism" and calls for society to get together and end it. A laudable generic goal perpetually expressed but tired boilerplate. However, missing from Biden's message (as a supposed leader) are actual "olive branch" proposals to end divisive politics. It is up to Biden as President to reach out and start the healing process. Biden is not proposing to do that. Biden has not called-out to the social media giants to end their suppression of conservative thought. Supposedly, as the President, Biden would be standing-up for the First Amendment. So if Biden truly believes in representing all the people in the US as professed, he would be demanding publicly that the "left" cease with their divisive rhetoric.

I didn't locate a definitive news clip, but it appears that Jen Psaki sidestepped a question concerning the Democrats divisive irrational pursuit of the second impeachment. Psaki evidently responded that Biden was focused on Covid-19 and not impeachment. Once again, Biden has called for healing but has not actually taken the initiative (as President) to put forth an "olive branch" to end divisive politics. Approximately 74 million people voted for Trump, nearly 50% of the voting population. Biden by not putting the breaks on divisive politics is allowing the "civil war" to fester and continue. As the "left" likes to say, "Silence is complicity". Biden is complicit.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Guys I'm confused.

I thought it was Trump's fault that we were all fighting with each other so much. Trump's fault the violence, everyone mad at Trump, incited by him.

But Biden just took over, and instead of celebrating, looks like the same violence is continuing - now in protest against Biden? Wrong all along?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
So true - and going further - Slim is an understatement, really! So many razor thin margins it's kind of hard to believe it happened naturally..
Which is why we need to dig deeper into the validity of elections results. I've previously commented that there were cases where the rejection rate of mail in ballots was something like 10% (not a real number, illustration) on a prior election, but then on this election fell to <1% (again not a real figure). That should raise a red flag. Moreover, why so much animosity expressed that even questioning the election results was somehow rejecting the "truth". If some people don't want you to look and scream about it, it would seem that they have something to hide.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Which is why we need to dig deeper into the validity of elections results. I've previously commented that there were cases where the rejection rate of mail in ballots was something like 10% (not a real number, illustration) on a prior election, but then on this election fell to <1% (again not a real figure). That should raise a red flag. Moreover, why so much animosity expressed that even questioning the election results was somehow rejecting the "truth". If some people don't want you to look and scream about it, it would seem that they have something to hide.
And Steve to be perfectly honest with you, I think the logic of what you said is apparent to EVERYONE. Every single rational person.
It's just too difficult, character-wise, to admit it, when your side already comfortably won.

It's that simple.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Guys I'm confused.

I thought it was Trump's fault that we were all fighting with each other so much. Trump's fault the violence, everyone mad at Trump, incited by him.

But Biden just took over, and instead of celebrating, looks like the same violence is continuing - now in protest against Biden? Wrong all along?

Antifa suddenly morphed from a harmless "idea" to a far rightwing group seemingly overnight, by overnight I mean since the inauguration.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
What? Now they're saying Antifa is right-wing? OMG. It never ends.

You know for a little while I actually thought Trump was funny for saying "fake news". Near the very beginning of when he started saying it. I don't think it's at all funny any more.

Reactions: Jon

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
ou mean all those people who were arrested and said they were trump supporters and were there at the presidents invitation were lying?
I think he was probably referring to the left wing people there

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yeah he's right. Antifa has always been a far rightwing group, that's fights far rightwing groups. Makes sense to me.
Trashing a DNC office but is left wing makes sense too.

If one is not Anti-Fascist, does that make them Pro-Fascist?

Nor is there any antifa love affair with the Democrats. The vast majority of antifa militants are radical anti-capitalists who oppose the Democratic Party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom