Form - Select a certain entry (1 Viewer)

racdata

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:15
Hi all. I have a list of different codes in a table. Now on a form I create a combo box but it display all these codes. I need only a certain code type to select from.
Example: The code list have all tools in it. Power Tools, Hand tools, Steelwork tools, Welding tools, Woodwork tools, etc.

On a form I have this combo box where I only need to look at the Welding Tools.

Is there a way to only display the Welding Tools to select the correct one., and on another Combo box display a list of different tools as needed. This is all from the table Power tools.

Thanks

vhung

Local time
Today, 00:15
racdata: "Is there a way to only display the Welding Tools to select the correct one.,"

On your Table, there should be a field, which has common name "Welding Tools"
by this on select, the possible result is list of "Welding Tools". Hence "on Filter"

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:15
it is not enough just to "cascade" the combo.
you also need to consider that "some" tools are specific to the
nature of work while some are "generic" (can be used on all work category).

see frmToolsDataEntry, to enter new tools.

see frmMainForm for the cascading combobox.

Attachments

• machineShop.accdb
    636 KB · Views: 190

racdata

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:15
Thank you for your replies.
In the mean time I search and find an easy solution
In the properties of the Combo Box I find the Row Source. I click in ... and a window Query Builder open..
I add the Tool_Type field. and In the Criteria field I enter "Power Tools" . This will filter the entire list to only display only the "Power Tools" This is the only part of the list I need to select from.

Thanks again and I hope others will find this as a solution.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:15
Thank you for your replies.
In the mean time I search and find an easy solution
In the properties of the Combo Box I find the Row Source. I click in ... and a window Query Builder open..
I add the Tool_Type field. and In the Criteria field I enter "Power Tools" . This will filter the entire list to only display only the "Power Tools" This is the only part of the list I need to select from.

Thanks again and I hope others will find this as a solution.

Glad you got it working. That sounds like the first method in my link. Didn't you have to requery the combo after selecting an item in the first combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom