Solved Help with Access 2016 saveas Executable file only (1 Viewer)

slharman1

Local time
Today, 08:48
I got my front end the way I want it and then turned off navigation pane and unchecked full menus in the option under current database, then saved as accde file.
Now my switchboard from (a login screen does not respond to the entries in the form and the login button.
All works on the accdb file, what am I missing?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:48
best guess is your .accde is not in a trusted location, or you have initialisation code that assumes your file is .accdb

slharman1

Local time
best guess is your .accde is not in a trusted location, or you have initialisation code that assumes your file is .accdb
How do I make it a trusted location?
When opening the AC de file I get a message that says can’t guarantee the validity of the db or something like that I I click ok and it opens. I should have also stated the the backend is on a server directory.

slharman1

Local time
What about the initialization code? Would that be something I wrote into it or is there a setting for that?
Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:48
Hi. Just as a test, try renaming your ACCDE into ACCDR and see what happens.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
it would be something your wrote.

trusted locations - in access go to File>Options>Trust Centre>Trust Centre Settings>Trusted Locations. You add a new location there

slharman1

Local time
Hi. Just as a test, try renaming your ACCDE into ACCDR and see what happens.
I renamed and t did not work, recompiled the code and now it works, maybe it didn't get compiled by access when saved it the first time.
Thanks all!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
you cant create a .accde without compiling the code

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I renamed and t did not work, recompiled the code and now it works, maybe it didn't get compiled by access when saved it the first time.
Thanks all!
Hmm, exactly how did you make the ACCDE in the first place?

slharman1

Local time
Hmm, exactly how did you make the ACCDE in the first place?
It is working now.
I thought access would compile all the modules when it created the accde file
I compiled everything in the db and it is working.
Thank you DBGuy!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I thought access would compile all the modules when it created the accde file
Yes, it should. If the project can't compile, you will get an error when you try to create the ACCDE. That's why I asked how you managed to create the ACCDE in the first place.

slharman1

Local time
Yes, it should. If the project can't compile, you will get an error when you try to create the ACCDE. That's why I asked how you managed to create the ACCDE in the first place.
I think I had some empty procedures. From my research that can cause and issue.

slharman1

Local time
I have a question, does the location on the end users workstation have to be added to the trusted sites and if so how do you do that if they use runtime version. Some are and some will use accde

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I think I had some empty procedures. From my research that can cause and issue.
You still haven't clarified which steps you took to create the original ACCDE. Empty procedures shouldn't cause any problems (I believe). They are even necessary when you're using class objects and want to sink form events.

slharman1

Local time
I have a question, does the location on the end users workstation have to be added to the trusted sites and if so how do you do that if they use runtime version. Some are and some will use accde
You still haven't clarified which steps you took to create the original ACCDE. Empty procedures shouldn't cause any problems (I believe). They are even necessary when you're using class objects and want to sink form events.
All I did was saveas accde. It didn’t work. Then I compiled the project and it worked.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
To designate a Trusted Location with a runtime version only machine, you'll have to update the Registry. If you don't have a Trusted Location set, the user will get a prompt to trust the database. If they click the Allow button, then the application should run normal as if it was stored in a Trusted Location.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
All I did was saveas accde. It didn’t work. Then I compiled the project and it worked.
So, when you did the Save As button, did you get any errors? When you did the compile, did you get any errors? If there were any errors, no ACCDE file should have been created.

slharman1

Local time
To designate a Trusted Location with a runtime version only machine, you'll have to update the Registry. If you don't have a Trusted Location set, the user will get a prompt to trust the database. If they click the Allow button, then the application should run normal as if it was stored in a Trusted Location.
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom