Simple Sales Quote Access Desktop version Database (1 Viewer)

snbbrewing

Local time
Today, 14:00
Hello,

I've spent a few days searching this forum and Microsoft's... I need some help as I am pretty familiar with access however no experience with VBA or custom access db design.

I have tried downloading and converting the Services database to the desktop version however I cannot adjust the tables/forms without blowing it away or no access at all to the tables due to the Web based database.

I am trying to have a simple quote tool where I can have a customer table, quote table and form, and services table. The Quote Form should call from the customer table and Services table and I would like to be able to add the services line by line with quantity and calculate a total.

I am savvy enough in access to adjust an existing desktop database where I have access to the tables/forms etc. where I have no skillset is the vba scripting etc. so please do not hammer me over the head with what I should know etc. Just looking for a bit of help here! Thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:00
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

There are lots of people here to help you. You could start out by creating a database file with just your tables in it and then post it here for review and guidance. After that, we can work on the forms.

snbbrewing

Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

There are lots of people here to help you. You could start out by creating a database file with just your tables in it and then post it here for review and guidance. After that, we can work on the forms.
Thank you! Will do. Some of the items in my database are proprietary to my company so I will need to clean that part up.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:00
Thank you! Will do. Some of the items in my database are proprietary to my company so I will need to clean that part up.
Definitely. We don't want to you to compromise any sensitive info. We just need test data.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There isn't a single sample db offered by MS that I like. Most use poor practices when naming objects and they don't always properly normalize the tables. And I hate the forms in every sample built after 2000.

I'm pretty sure you are missing the junction table which would be QuoteServices and that may be why you are having problems. The Quote table is the parent and the Junction table - QuoteServices is the child. It contains a FK to the quote and a FK to the Service plus intersection data such as quantity and price.

This is a simple many-many relationship. I'll post a sample which is for a different application, but the concept of m-m is the same.

MattBaldry

Self Taught, Learn from the Forums
Local time
Today, 18:00
Hello,

I've spent a few days searching this forum and Microsoft's... I need some help as I am pretty familiar with access however no experience with VBA or custom access db design.

I have tried downloading and converting the Services database to the desktop version however I cannot adjust the tables/forms without blowing it away or no access at all to the tables due to the Web based database.

I am trying to have a simple quote tool where I can have a customer table, quote table and form, and services table. The Quote Form should call from the customer table and Services table and I would like to be able to add the services line by line with quantity and calculate a total.

I am savvy enough in access to adjust an existing desktop database where I have access to the tables/forms etc. where I have no skillset is the vba scripting etc. so please do not hammer me over the head with what I should know etc. Just looking for a bit of help here! Thanks!
I have a well established database with this as one of the modules. Feel free to message me if you want to bounce some ideas.

~Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom