Can Access 2010 and runtime 2010 both run on Office 365? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:20
So, it looks like there is sometimes a problem with the shadow table and sometimes not but whatever the problem, Allen's code recognizes it as an error and displays a message. I don't know that I have the time or the will to debug this problem for MS for free because they won't fix it anyway:( Maybe you can forward the issue and if they care, they can look at it.

Emily

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
Only way I can think of preventing users from directly accessing the table is to uninstall the full version app and only install the runtime version (that will eliminate the "left pane" from the equation).
Can you uninstall the Access app from Office 365? I thought you cannot do that with Office 365? or is there?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:20
AFAIK, not possible with A365.
You could delete the MSACCESS.EXE file but that might leave issues with registry entries. In any case, an Office repair would restore it

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:20
If you don't want the users to be able to use the full version of Access, you need to get your IT people to deactivate it, if that is even possible.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:20
Or you restrict what users can do in Access. Did you read my article linked in post #6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom