Solved How to block User From Choosing Next Combo Box (1 Viewer)

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:13
Hello experts,

I have one idea. I dont know if that is possible. hmmmmm

Lets say I have 7 combo boxes.I want to prevent users to start entering data lets say in combo box 3 ( table) I want that user must start entering data in order...first combo1, then combo2, combo3..and so on..

Name of comboboxes: 1.House, 2.Chair, 3.Table, 4.Light,5.Mouse, 6.Pencil,7.Cat...

What I want is when form opens first combo box House must be open (enabled) and all other combo boxes from 2-7 must be disabled.

When user will enter data into combo box 1 (House) the combo box must go from enabled to disabled and the next combo box 2 (chair) must get from disabled to enabled and other combo boxes from (3-7) must still be disabled. When user will enter data in combo box 3 ( Table) the combo box 4 must go from disabled to be enabled and combo box 3 must be disabled and so on...

If someone can give me some idea, examble I would be very appreciate.

Thank you.

1 enabled-2 disabled-3 disabled-4 disabled-5 disabled-6 disabled-7 disabled

1 disabled-2 enabled-3 disabled-4 disabled-5 disabled-6 disabled-7 disabled

1 disabled-2 disabled-3 enabled-4 disabled-5 disabled-6 disabled-7 disabled

1 disabled-2 disabled-3 disabled-4 enabled-5 disabled-6 disabled-7 disabled

1 disabled-2 disabled-3 disabled-4 disabled-5 enabled-6 disabled-7 disabled

1 disabled-2 disabled-3 disabled-4 disabled-5 disabled-6 enabled-7 disabled

1 disabled-2 disabled-3 disabled-4 disabled-5 disabled-6 disabled -7 enabled

1 disabled-2 disabled-3 disabled-4 disabled-5 disabled-6 disabled -7 disabled

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:13
Start with all combos except #1 as disabled. In the AfterUpdate event of combo #1, enable combo #2, then set the focus to it and disable combo #1. Repeat the process for the rest of the combos. Does that help?

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Ok I will try to see what I will managed
thank you

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
ok now I managed to do that I didnt know that i have to use after update...hmm what now? now all the fields are disabled? this is good and bad hmmmm
How I managed now to enable again some combox? on which event is good to do that?
when maybe user will need to correct some mistake? Maybe I can open some combos...hmmmmm

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:13
Hi
ok now I managed to do that I didnt know that i have to use after update...hmm what now? now all the fields are disabled? this is good and bad hmmmm
How I managed now to enable again some combox? on which event is good to do that?
when maybe user will need to correct some mistake? Maybe I can open some combos...hmmmmm
What does your company policy say regarding this business rule?

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
It is me and my ideas about what user can do wrong.

The problem is I need to disable some comboxes becouse I have code that will do some update.

Imagine, you choose combo box A ( this is combo1) when you choose combo1 this combo1 will do some update in combo7 and i am
afraid that user then will just close the form and my update will be executed. If user close the form I dont want that this update will be
performed.

I dont know how to prevent that update. I am using validation rule ( it is working) but when update is done I cant undo the update in the specific table?

Do you have any ideas how I can prevent that? Becouse of that I start thinking about disabled enabled combos..

hmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom