What is the cheapest way to get the Ms Access installed on our system? (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:45
I would also say that product keys need to do two things - activate and register.

Activation is required to install the product, however without registering, the product will cease to work after a month. Plenty of scams out there where the key provided activates but cannot be registered.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:45
Doesn't mean they are right!

I didn't comment on which country provided them. I commented that it was unethical if they are not properly licensed. I claim my country does SOME things right ... not everything right, not by a wide margin.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:45
What is the cheapest way to get the Ms Access installed on our system? (India)
Have you considered whether MS Access would be the appropriate approach?
This is an Access website, so responses will be along the lines of supporting MS Access.
I would suggest, as an alternative to MS Access, looking at open source databases that are free to acquire and use. That will also avoid concerns over ethics and piracy, which have been mentioned in prior thread posts. With "free", you get "cheap" which is one of your stated goals.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Have you considered whether MS Access would be the appropriate approach?
This is an Access website, so responses will be along the lines of supporting MS Access.
I would suggest, as an alternative to MS Access, looking at open source databases that are free to acquire and use. That will also avoid concerns over ethics and piracy, which have been mentioned in prior thread posts. With "free", you get "cheap" which is one of your stated goals.

Not a bad option, especially if not much lnowledge of VBA? As long as those DB's have some sort of language to be able to use, similar to VBA?
A friend of mine over 70 years of age, just got his first computer. Although he ended up with a windows laptop, mainly due to the insistence of his neice, for what he is going to use it for, it could have been a Chromebook, a Linux laptop (if such a thing exists) or a Mac.

Cotswold

Local time
Not a bad option, especially if not much lnowledge of VBA? As long as those DB's have some sort of language to be able to use, similar to VBA?
A friend of mine over 70 years of age, just got his first computer. Although he ended up with a windows laptop, mainly due to the insistence of his neice, for what he is going to use it for, it could have been a Chromebook, a Linux laptop (if such a thing exists) or a Mac.
He could have had a Raspberry Pi4, 8GB Ram, 32GB storage on MicroUSB, keyboard, mouse and a screen for maybe £150. Raspbian OS (a distro of Debian) and various free software to put him on the internet, word processor etc. I have also installed Windows11 on one 32GB usb drive, downloaded from Microsoft which works fine. If I need more storage I can plug in one of my a 1.8TB Toshiba drives, or a smaller standard USB Flash drive.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
That's a rub. You need, as a minimum, to develop skills in SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The "good" news; each is freely available and there are a lot of (free) resources available on the internet.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
He could have had a Raspberry Pi4, 8GB Ram, 32GB storage on MicroUSB, keyboard, mouse and a screen for maybe £150. Raspbian OS (a distro of Debian) and various free software to put him on the internet, word processor etc. I have also installed Windows11 on one 32GB usb drive, downloaded from Microsoft which works fine. If I need more storage I can plug in one of my a 1.8TB Toshiba drives, or a smaller standard USB Flash drive.
Yes, but he did need something off the shelf.
Unless he could buy that out of the box, it would not have been for him.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Does MS sell office for different prices in different countries or are the prices all the same. In the US and Europe, we don't think these prices are too expensive but residents of other countries may not be able to afford them.

The nice thing about Access is that although the developer needs the full version, he can install the runtime, which is free, for his clients. If you only need ONE copy for yourself, the Personal for $69.99 is the cheapest but for $99.99 you can share the cost with 5 others bringing it down to $20 per year.

OfficePricing.JPG
OfficePricing2.JPG

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We are all developers here. Do you expect to get paid for your work? Do you think it is moral to steal the work of others?

Think again before paying an unrealistically low price for something. Chances are very high that it is stolen goods. Microsoft and other technology companies don't discount their prices like this. Corporations can get cheaper per seat prices than we can because they are buying hundreds or thousands of licenses at a time but it is illegal to resell those licenses at any price.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Does MS sell office for different prices in different countries or are the prices all the same. In the US and Europe, we don't think these prices are too expensive but residents of other countries may not be able to afford them.

The nice thing about Access is that although the developer needs the full version, he can install the runtime, which is free, for his clients. If you only need ONE copy for yourself, the Personal for $69.99 is the cheapest but for $99.99 you can share the cost with 5 others bringing it down to $20 per year.

View attachment 100806 View attachment 100807
Normally most companies just replace the $ with the £ sign. :(

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What is the cheapest way to get the Ms Access installed on our system? (India)
As we are Developers, Is there any Beta released?
Anymore perks to Developers (Especially for experienced Ms Access Developers)
Any other legible way to get it... You know.. Through MSDN and other channels like that... Please list all the ways you know. Thank You.

My Access got de-activated...
It's not just the cheapest way. It's the legit way. I imagine a database includes details of the development environment somewhere. If you are developers, aren't properly licensed it might be exposed somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom