What is the cheapest way to get the Ms Access installed on our system? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 16:15
What is the cheapest way to get the Ms Access installed on our system? (India)
As we are Developers, Is there any Beta released?
Anymore perks to Developers (Especially for experienced Ms Access Developers)
Any other legible way to get it... You know.. Through MSDN and other channels like that... Please list all the ways you know. Thank You.

My Access got de-activated...

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 06:45
Beta? Access has been around for 30 years. No beta needed anymore.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:45
If it deactivated, sounds like you do not have a valid product key. What version of Access are/were you using?

2010 is no longer supported and it would appear that that lack of support also means you cannot activate a legitimate product key - which is a problem if you need to reinstall for some reason.

But there is no special way. no perks - you'll need an appropriate license. minimum for 365 to include Access is 365 Apps for Business.

Be wary of buying a 'legitimate' copy of say 2013 or 2016 on the web, chances are it won't be.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:45
hi @prabha_friend

like @CJ_London said, you need to be careful you're getting something legitimate. If you're trying to get your business off the ground and can't afford any extra expense this month, you can sign up for a trial version here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...365-business-products?activetab=tab:primaryr2

"Microsoft 365 Apps for business" includes Access, which is 8.50/month after the one-month trial. It might be cheaper if you pay for a year at a time. Note: if the package name has "Basic" in it, then Access is probably not included.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:45
What is the cheapest way to get the Ms Access installed on our system? (India)
As we are Developers, Is there any Beta released?
Anymore perks to Developers (Especially for experienced Ms Access Developers)
Any other legible way to get it... You know.. Through MSDN and other channels like that... Please list all the ways you know. Thank You.

My Access got de-activated...
Your ability to search the internet for software vendors is probably just as good as that of any of the participants in this forum, so you'll probably find multiple potential sources for a legitimate license just as quickly if you search rather than waiting for others to search for you. The key thing is to beware that, if a price sounds too good to be true, it is not going to be a legitimate source.

Good luck in your search.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have a home subscription. It is $99 per year and allows installation on 5 devices. It is not intended for commercial use so please read the agreement to see whether or not it will work for you.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
I have a home subscription. It is $99 per year and allows installation on 5 devices. It is not intended for commercial use so please read the agreement to see whether or not it will work for you.
@Pat Hartman, please look under File, Account to see the name of your licensed package ... there are so many different ones! And you have to be careful to get one with Access (which is sometimes included but the icon doesn't show) -- that would help to find the triall for that package, thanks! 99/year is about 25 cents cheaper than 8.50 ... but you're guaranteed that price ~

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It seems that you actually have to go to your account page online to find the name of your product. Mine used to be called Home. Now it is called Family. It includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. OneNote, Publisher, and Access
MSSubscription.JPG

MSSubscriptionContains.JPG

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
thanks, @Pat Hartman -- the names keep changing! Searching for "Microsoft 365 Family" gets this page

Try Microsoft 365 for free

The Access icon isn't there...

And not on this page either:

I remember some grumbling that the Access icon was being left off the web pages but was actually in the product ...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Pretty scary how many marketing people don't have a clue that Access even exists. Who checks the published pages for errors? I would think that the Access team would revolt at being so diminished that their existence isn't even acknowledged.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you scroll down to additional benefits, you see Access and Publisher listed as PC only.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
thanks for pointing that out, @Pat Hartman
that SORT OF makes sense so they can use the same page for Mac ... it could be done so that's easier to notice though!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If you shop around for good deals from valid sources e.g. on Black Friday, you can sometimes pick up MS 365 far cheaper.
The standard retail price for 365 Family is £80 for 12 months in the UK. Valid for 6 PCs and 5 users.

However, in 2020 it cost me just £40 GBP for 12 months & in 2021 £60 GBP for 15 months.
Both purchases were from bona fide major UK retailers.

It doesn't matter when you buy the licence as the subscription period only starts when you activate it.
So you could purchase several licences at once when a cheap deal is available & use them over a period of several years.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think I've also seen it discounted at Costco in the US. It didn't occur to me to buy next year's subscription. What a good idea.

Cotswold

Local time
This is a strange question from a professional developer and the first time I have heard of a deactivated Access at a developer.
If Access is too expensive, then maybe use a cheaper alternative? Libra Office is cheap, Freebasic is cheap, XProFan, Python, PHP etc....all cheap or free.

Look on GitHub for others. Maybe Access is not for you if obtaining free licensing is the issue.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 16:15
This is a strange question from a professional developer and the first time I have heard of a deactivated Access at a developer.
If Access is too expensive, then maybe use a cheaper alternative? Libra Office is cheap, Freebasic is cheap, XProFan, Python, PHP etc....all cheap or free.

Look on GitHub for others. Maybe Access is not for you if obtaining free licensing is the issue.
I haven't asked you to get it free but "cheap". Know the Difference!

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 19:45
What most (some?) users don't know is that you can install and activate Office 365 on any number of PCs you like. 10, 20 , .......
But you can only use 5 of them at the same time.

Install and activation is not limited to 5 PCs. While using your license at the same time is limited to only 5 Pcs.

2022-05-26_17-51-18.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
try the Torrent site. Why pay when you can get it for free.
there are "Activated" version already.

I know that you are trying to help the OP - but the question isn't whether the versions available from Torrent are activated. The question is whether they have a legit license. This AWF site must not condone the use of pirated software. It cheapens us to do so. It is unethical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom