A Proof (1 Viewer)

jpl458

Local time
Today, 01:04
Perhaps you misunderstood. You predicted the price will fall and you seem pretty certain about that. So why don't you take a short position on the stock? If you do, you will make a lot of money. My comment was nothing to do with Trump.

Perhaps you misunderstood. You predicted the price will fall and you seem pretty certain about that. So why don't you take a short position on the stock? If you do, you will make a lot of money. My comment was nothing to do with Trump.
There are a lot of folks doing that. Short selling can get complicated. The trick is the precice time when you can cover the short.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:04
I wonder if Digital World Acquisition Corp are doing it as a hedge to reduce risk, in case the price of their own busienss fell.

Many of those short positions were acquired in Digital World Acquisition Corp., the publicly traded shell company whose merger in late March with Trump’s social media company led to Trump Media becoming publicly traded.

jpl458

Local time
Selling short is not for the faint of heart. It's only value is that Trump started it, there is no financial, or any other, basis for it to gain. My oldest son came to me with an idea that he said was really cool. He and a friend worked up this computerized gizmo that was interesting. I asked him, "What problem does it solve it business?" They couldn't think of one and dropped the idea. Does anyone think that folks will flock en masse away from facebook to Truth Social? I don't think so. $47 mill is a lot to loose in the first year when there is no real idea behind it. Just another "me too".

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 04:04
He lost because he didn't get enough votes in an election that was found to very secure.
So false. The Democrats "annihilated" voter integrity. Democrats don't want to verify that a person is eligible to vote, see Garland's comments below. As @AccessBlaster noted: "Covid-19 gave them the perfect excuse to use mail-in ballots, which even Jimmy Carter said could be used to manipulate the out come." Moreover, the Biden administration was supported by a biased media that acted as the propaganda arm for the Democratic party and refused to publish stories that would document that Biden was a cheating liar. Stahl blatantly lied, which probably caused Trump to loose some votes. Based on the media lying to support Biden, the 2020 election was not a fair election. Again I refer you to the thread: Election Do-Over!!! for a more detailed validation that Trump was cheated.

jpl458

Local time
I wonder if Digital World Acquisition Corp are doing it as a hedge to reduce risk, in case the price of their own busienss fell.
Look up the meaning of Hedge Fund

jpl458

Local time
So false. The Democrats "annihilated" voter integrity. Democrats don't want to verify that a person is eligible to vote, see Garland's comments below. As @AccessBlaster noted: "Covid-19 gave them the perfect excuse to use mail-in ballots, which even Jimmy Carter said could be used to manipulate the out come." Moreover, the Biden administration was supported by a biased media that acted as the propaganda arm for the Democratic party and refused to publish stories that would document that Biden was a cheating liar. Stahl blatantly lied, which probably caused Trump to loose some votes. Based on the media lying to support Biden, the 2020 election was not a fair election. Again I refer you to the thread: Election Do-Over!!! for a more detailed validation that Trump was cheated.
Again: He lost because he didn't get enough votes in an election that was found to very secure.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Biden has run for president 2 or 3 times never getting above single digits. But this time he scores higher than Obama :unsure: yeah nothing suspicious going on.

jpl458

Local time
If I were you I wouldn't tust those metrics, given recent, past history. Besides, Biden is not running against Obama.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The trick is the precice time when you can cover the short.
I seem to remember a debacle regarding shorting a couple of years ago. Let's hope that the folks shorting the stock because of Trump get what they deserve.

@jpl458 Garland is on his way to impeachment and Lesley Stahl is a liar with a serious case of TDS. Can't read the article - it is behind a pay wall and I stopped supporting FOX a couple of years ago and I stopped watching 60 minutes in 2016 when they caught TDS. However, if you are citing it as "truth", you are in a world of hurt. 60 minutes has lost all their credibility with their descent into darkness. They can no longer be relied on to offer unbiased reporting. 50 years of trust down the tubes:poop::poop::poop:

So, voter ID is discriminatory? Is that because Blacks can't find the DMV?
Without a photo id
1. Try to open a bank account
2. Try to rent an apartment
3. Try to cash a check
4. Try to enter a government building
5. Try get a new doctor
6. Try to rent a car
7. Try to pick up a prescription for a controlled substance
8. Try to get a passport
9. Try to board an airplane ---- unless you are an illegal alien. In that case, not only can you get on the plane but you get to fly on the taxpayers' dime because you're special.

Someone made a much longer list.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm predicting trump lands himself in trouble with the SEC. I doubt he could control himself when it comes to not lying to investors. There's some speculation he already has, but we'll see.

Well, most of my money was in dollars in my FTX customer account, because I had not invested it yet. In the case of FTX, it was just plain old embezzlement, with the largest financial fraud in American history.
Ryan Salame of FTX is a local boy. He bought up half the properties in downtown Lenox including one of my favorite Bar/Restaurants. The marshalls seized most of them and there's currently a bidding war going on over the Bar.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Look up the meaning of Hedge Fund
I'm aware. Actually, I am not new to the field of investing. I've been learning PineScript which is a programming language for an app called Trading View. It lets you set strategies to see how they would have historically performed. I've got one currently in my head about tracking two correlated crypto assets. When one drops low in the bollinger band, and the other goes high, they are likely to revert back to the mean. There is a pull between them, so to speak because of the correlated nature of them. Given that, if one goes low while the other goes high, the tension is greater and so you buy the low one. Having said all this, the efficient market theory suggests that all these things are factored in the price anyway. But I would still like to create a PineScript strategy to test it.

I used to do lots of grid trading with bot software. I clocked up some ridiculous number of buy sells, something like 50K or so. What I didn't know at the time was the tax implications because in the UK, if you do too many trades, you are no longer considered a private investor but a trader.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ryan Salame of FTX is a local boy. He bought up half the properties in downtown Lenox including one of my favorite Bar/Restaurants. The marshalls seized most of them and there's currently a bidding war going on over the Bar.
Sam's parents should be in the locker too. Both Stanford law professors no doubt advising his errant son and working out how to extract as much money from the company as possible. I do believe they were gifted penthouses or something like that.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Again: He lost because he didn't get enough votes in an election that was found to very secure.
How can you find an election "secure" if you don't even evaluate the legitimacy of those casting a vote. Garland just told you (indirectly) that anyone can cast a vote. This trend is being accelerated: New York City will allow 800,000 noncitizens to vote in local elections. You can bet that many of these ineligible people concerning a federal election will "accidentally" be able to vote since the Democrats do not want the question of citizenship to be even asked. Democrats do not want a secure election.

jpl458

Local time
I seem to remember a debacle regarding shorting a couple of years ago. Let's hope that the folks shorting the stock because of Trump get what they deserve.

@jpl458 Garland is on his way to impeachment and Lesley Stahl is a liar with a serious case of TDS. Can't read the article - it is behind a pay wall and I stopped supporting FOX a couple of years ago and I stopped watching 60 minutes in 2016 when they caught TDS. However, if you are citing it as "truth", you are in a world of hurt. 60 minutes has lost all their credibility with their descent into darkness. They can no longer be relied on to offer unbiased reporting. 50 years of trust down the tubes:poop::poop::poop:

So, voter ID is discriminatory? Is that because Blacks can't find the DMV?
Without a photo id
1. Try to open a bank account
2. Try to rent an apartment
3. Try to cash a check
4. Try to enter a government building
5. Try get a new doctor
6. Try to rent a car
7. Try to pick up a prescription for a controlled substance
8. Try to get a passport
9. Try to board an airplane ---- unless you are an illegal alien. In that case, not only can you get on the plane but you get to fly on the taxpayers' dime because you're special.

Someone made a much longer list.
60 minutes is in the business of scaring old people, much like the national news. I don't watch it. My son is a securites trader. He trades a lot. He says that DJT stock is dumb, his words, not mine. In order to short a stock you have to borrow it from someone that already owns it, then you have to pay interest on that borrowed stock to the owner. A lot of individuals have a little bit of stock, and don't have enough to loan. The interest on DJT to sell short is really high. A comapny that takes in 4 mill/yer and looses nearly 50 mill/year is not not a good investment. Shorting is back room business done with large brokers with preferred customers that know what they are doing. DJT will vaporize, just a matter of time.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
60 minutes is in the business of scaring old people.
It doesn't negate the fact that 60 minutes manipulated the election process to favor Biden. Furthermore, your rant concerning short-selling is a distraction from the topic that the Democrats "fixed" the 2020 election.

jpl458

Local time
Again and again, I ask if you have proof of that. Real, actual, emperical, verifiable proof. If it was available why was the idea thrown out of court so many times. Trump Lost in 2020, and there was no big wave in 2022. 2,000 mules is not proof.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Real, actual, emperical, verifiable proof.
Lots but only if you choose to look at it.

You better be planning your strategy for contesting the 2024 election if you can't sequester any of the ballots or machines. No videos of ballot box stuffers making the rounds and then disposing of their plastic gloves will be admitted because that isn't actual evidence. No affidavits claiming fraud. Those can't be accepted. No ballots received after election day can be rejected so the Republicans can use the same technique as the Dems. Just keep "finding" boxes of ballots until you win;) The fact that you will need to do a 180 to even question the vote will be simply too amusing for words. What will your excuse be? The Russians again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom