Boxing Ring (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 07:24
Rich said:
What's the charge, being a terror? Of course under Bush's rule there doesn't have to be a charge, does there? :mad:
I’m sorry Rich; I just couldn’t help setting you off.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
I’m sorry Rich; I just couldn’t help setting you off.
you needn't apologise for giving me further reason to continue with my mission:cool: :p

fuzzygeek

Energy Ebbing
Local time
Today, 12:24
Mission Impossible??? You are Tom Cruise's alter ego. Who would have thunk it!;) :rolleyes:

R

Rich

fuzzygeek said:
Mission Impossible??? You are Tom Cruise's alter ego. Who would have thunk it!;) :rolleyes:
Bloody awful film, only pushed slightly higher in the rankings by the even worse war of the worlds:rolleyes:

R

Rich

jsanders said:
The genocide of the plains Indians was indeed a purely American endeavor.
Yes and you're about to celebrate their slaughter with your Thanksgiving festival, any chance you'll be sparing a thought for the 16,000,000 lost during your ethnic cleansing years? :rolleyes:
Land of the free, home of the brave????

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
That's right...Chief Rich Okechobee. We fight for many moons. ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
TessB said:
If we had stayed British colonies, where do you think we would be now?
And, would GWB have had a chance as PM?
If America was a colony of the UK (not UK as a colony of America as it is now) I reckon the USA would still have trodden a similar path. Australia is pretty much doing their own thing but still part of the Commonwealth.

I think America would have been too headstrong to be a Commonwealth country and would have forced a split anyway - thus spoiling our "special relationship" where you tell our PM what to do.

GWB as PM - no because we elect the one who gets most votes polled not the one who can buy the Florida vote / outcome.

Can you imagine it? an American as PM?:eek: we'll consider it when the USA votes in a non-white female as President.;)

Col

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
History lesson

Year 1905 : Britania rules the waves

Year 2005 : Britania waives the rules

I stayed in Croyden (suburb of London) one night last week. I attended a prayer meeting in a Baptist Church there. It was a great experince. Really enjoyed it. Croyden is a nice place. Hope to spend few more days in London next spring.

UK is great country (do not believe what Rich and Col say).

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Jacob Mathai said:
I stayed in Croyden (suburb of London) one night last week. I attended a prayer meeting in a Baptist Church there. It was a great experince. Really enjoyed it. Croyden is a nice place. Hope to spend few more days in London next spring.

UK is great country (do not believe what Rich and Col say).
The UK is a good place to live, I am quite happy to live here even if we are ruled by Washington. - but we do have some strange things happening - for example,
a town hired 2 reindeer to pull a sleigh for a Christmas parade. The reindeer were subsequently banned by the health and safety executive because of a health risk if anyone touched them. There would not be hand washing facilities available.
They are getting around it by having a council official walking alongside with antiseptic hand wipes for people that touch the reindeer.
The Scottish owners of the reindeer were not happy because the reindeer are clean and washed etc.

Col

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
The public transport sucks though! :mad:
AND
we pay a small fortune for road tax and most of the roads are yuck! (more noticeable in my wee mini but...still a valid point to make mes thinks):rolleyes:

other European countries simply wouldn't stand the kind of problems we have with trains / busses / roads etc :confused:

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
The reindeer were subsequently banned by the health and safety executive because of a health risk if anyone touched them. There would not be hand washing facilities available.
They are getting around it by having a council official walking alongside with antiseptic hand wipes for people that touch the reindeer.
The Scottish owners of the reindeer were not happy because the reindeer are clean and washed etc.

Col

Does that mean rag and bone men are banned too?:rolleyes:
Between Bliar and the HSE the country's turning into a ....ing joke:mad:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
Isn't Croydon around the Gatwick area? :confused:
Thats Crawley :rolleyes: - Croydon is a suburb of London where the red buses go.

There's loads of things to moan about in the UK - but generally speaking its ok, I think we are very lucky.

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Thats Crawley :rolleyes: - Croydon is a suburb of London where the red buses go.

There's loads of things to moan about in the UK - but generally speaking its ok, I think we are very lucky.

Col

And why wouldn’t you be?

Ya’ll are like our little cousins.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
And why wouldn’t you be?

Ya’ll are like our little cousins.
I think the UK is quite popular with Americans, they like our "quaint" little ways and our china tea cups.

I was chatting with some Americans recently in Starbucks in Oxford St (London) and they were saying how they "lurve evrything being so small and compact - its real cute":rolleyes:

Col

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
ColinEssex said:
I was chatting with some Americans recently in Starbucks in Oxford St (London) and they were saying how they "lurve evrything being so small and compact - its real cute":rolleyes:

Col

They'd REALLY love Japan then!

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
I must say that Americans for the most part truly love the British.

It’s interesting; I think the one binder that actually has the most power, is the language.

Or maybe the movies.

The British make really good ones. And a lot of the best ones are in collaboration with American’s. The same thing is happening in Canada (actually more in Canada), New Zealand, and Australia now days as well.

All of our best friends internationally either speak English as their primary language, or as their strong second, and it seams like we make movies together.

So I guess the answer to solving global conflict is for everyone to speak English, and then we can do some joint movie ventures, problems solved.

Damn I’m good.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
So I guess the answer to solving global conflict is for everyone to speak English, and then we can do some joint movie ventures, problems solved.

Damn I’m good.
That's correct, English and not American, damn I'm better:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom