oooooooooooo You're my BEST friend (1 Viewer)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 04:23
ooooooooo she makes me live.

I have a best friend.
She's been my best friend for 27 years.

Tell me about your best friend... how you met... what they are like... how long they've been your friend.... and I'll tell you about my Pam.

Should be a good topic for discussion!
Remember... "feel good" topic here.....
I don't want any... "My best friend moved to America and now I hate them" stories... LOL!!!! ;)

Tell us about your best relationships.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 10:23
I could be very short on this :
One of my best friends was a guy I studied with during college years , but he moved to Canada years ago. ( That's not a joke!)
Another guy I also met during those years I still have frequent contact with
and we occasionally play gigs, since we both are amateur musicians
The last friend I have is too much in the box, but I have attached a pic
showing the best side of his face. :)

Attachments

• D-35-1.JPG
    D-35-1.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 289

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
I have a few best friends. I have a best group of friends, intimately called the Hens, and we all went to high school together. One of them I have known since 2nd grade. We get together about every few months and have a Hen Party (aptly named). No one has moved, but a few have added significant others to the group. And the yearly event is the town carnival where we went to high school, and that is coming up in June. We go every year. The Hens are Marcia, Patty, Joanie, Kelly, Denise, Diane, and I. MArcia used to be my best friend, but since she had children, I can only deal with her in increasingly smaller doses.

I also have a best friend, named Chris, who lives in Washington, and I met her in college. We have remained friends ever since, and she would have to be called my very best friend. We have never had cross words of any kind, and when we talk or visit with each other, it is always a blast. She has a yearly event in February with some of her college friends, intimately called the Hard K club (because all of their first names start with the hard k sound), and it is called Hat night, where they go out to a restaurant in DC and wear a variety of intersting and humorous hats, and have a blast. I have been included in that group, and have been attending Hat night for about 10 years now. And that group gets bigger and bigger all the time. When I first went, we were 5, and now there is a group of at least 15. We'll have to get a banquet hall for the next one.

And my closest best friend is named Deb, and I worked with her at my last job, and we were going through similar hardships and dealing with them in similar ways, and we are now extremely close. We laugh all the time when we are together, and that is just the best thing going.

My best friends are part of what keeps me waking up in the morning. They are the best support group anyone could have. I am actually lucky to have friends that have known me since I was little, because I know many times we lose touch with our school friends. All of them have special places in my life.

Lisa

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 09:23
My wallet (Billfold ?)

Always close to me

Never leave home without it

gets me out of trouble generally

L

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
I have a few best friends.

My Mom is my first and dearest bestfriend I have. She's been there through everything with me. Dried my tears, shared my joy, laughed with me, went through my daughters birth with me. My mom is the best!!:D

Kristie and Dina, are also both my best friends. We are very close and have a special bond. We always seem to know when we need to call one another for a cheer up call. So much in common, don't know what I would do with out 'em. :)

I have also have a dear male friend who is great. We can chat on the phone for hours and talk about anything and everything. Share stories, share letters through mail since we are far apart, and send each other packages in the mail with nifty stuff in them.

This is truely a feel good thread!! Thanks Tess!!

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Brad is my best friend. I won't go into the sordid details of how we met, suffice to say that the circumstances were not the kind that typically blossom into a long-term relationship. But here we are :) Not only do we constantly have a wonderful time together, but we've also been through some hard times and have grown closer because of it.

I also have a small group of very close (best) friends. Three I've known since college, one of whom was briefly an ex-friend when I had a falling out with his girlfriend. Another is a one-woman soap opera I've known since high school who is the most fiercely loyal person I've ever known.

selenau837

Local time
Kraj said:
Brad is my best friend. I won't go into the sordid details of how we met, suffice to say that the circumstances were not the kind that typically blossom into a long-term relationship. But here we are :) Not only do we constantly have a wonderful time together, but we've also been through some hard times and have grown closer because of it.

I also have a small group of very close (best) friends. Three I've known since college, one of whom was briefly an ex-friend when I had a falling out with his girlfriend. Another is a one-woman soap opera I've known since high school who is the most fiercely loyal person I've ever known.

Can't forget Czar! ;)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Bruno my dog is my best friend. We go for walks on early sunday mornings when the mist is still clinging to the trees. I found him as a pup wandering along our side-road very much worse for wear. I haven't lost a single baseball since I found him :)

selenau837

Local time
dan-cat said:
Bruno my dog is my best friend. We go for walks on early sunday mornings when the mist is still clinging to the trees. I found him as a pup wandering along our side-road very much worse for wear. I haven't lost a single baseball since I found him :)

That is sooo sweet! Animals can really touch ones life, and bring great joy and happiness.

My mom's other child is a chiuauauauauaua..*or however you spell that dangblasted name*

She is my adopted sister. I've a feeling i'll have to split my inheritence with her. ;)

Really though, that dog helped my mom through tough times when I couldn't be there for her.

Animals sense when their Masters are down and go to perk them up!!

I do love my 'other' sissy!!

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
Can't forget Czar! ;)
*Hrmph* Not this morning. He ran out of food so he woke me up a half hour early. At least he's gentle about it... he wakes me up by sniffing my eyes. (Weird, huh?) Normally I'd be sympathetic to his plight, but I've been getting my butt kicked at work and I've been tired all week. I need a night of sleep that isn't ended by an alarm clock.

dan, that's reminds me of my friend Sam. He and his dad one day witnessed a car drive past their house, toss a cat in the street and speed away. They took the cat in. Named him Kirby. :p

Last edited:

selenau837

Local time
Kraj said:
*Hrmph* Not this morning. He ran out of food so he woke me up a half hour early. At least he's gentle about it... he wakes me up by sniffing my eyes. (Weird, huh?) Normally I'd be sympathetic to his plight, but I've been getting my butt kicked at work and I've been tired all week. I need a night of sleep that isn't ended by an alarm clock.

My cat use to do that as well. He would touch my eye lids with his cold nose.

At least he didn't attack you with claws, as some cats are want to do when they are out of food.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 03:23
When our cat Layla was still a little kitten, she'd crawl on my girlfriend's chest/neck in the morning and purr crazily to wake her up. But now that she's a year old she's quite heavy on the neck in the morning. Or so I've heard (I get left alone, at least for that). :D

selenau837

Local time
Matty said:
When our cat Layla was still a little kitten, she'd crawl on my girlfriend's chest/neck in the morning and purr crazily to wake her up. But now that she's a year old she's quite heavy on the neck in the morning. Or so I've heard (I get left alone, at least for that). :D

Cute :D :D ....

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I was house-sitting for a friend one time who owned a cat. (Never owned a cat). Anyway I was watching TV minding my own business and the little so and so suddenly attacked me. It took a while to realise that Harvey's food bowl was empty :D For the rest of the week I made sure I didn't repeat the offence :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Kraj said:
dan, that's reminds me of my friend Sam. He and his dad one day witnessed a car drive past their house, toss a cat in the street and speed away. They took the cat in. Named him Kirby. :p

Yeah, people who do that need a big fat fine and a firm kick up the rump :mad:

Still Kirby landed on his feet :p

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
This must be the most plesant thread-hijack ever. :)

selenau837

Local time
Kraj said:
This must be the most plesant thread-hijack ever. :)

Yes, I know....

Lets get back on track....

However pets can be a best friend

statsman

Local time
Without trying to tug at anyone's heartstrings, my best friend is my wife.

selenau837

Local time
statsman said:

That is soo sweet!!!

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
statsman said:

And I hope you realize how lucky you are....:)

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom