Nuclear Energy (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 06:24
Crap! your houses are poorly insulated, your heating appliances are inefficient and houses that could gain enormous benefits from solar energy are prevented from doing so by zonal laws, try again dogs breath

I had to respond yet again. Try reading the IRC (international Residential Code).

It's the same one adapted by Europe, Japan, and the United States, and yes even in Britian, where it is wondered if they can follow it.

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
No, it's common knowledge over here turd for brains, disprove it:cool:
You're cracking me up. LOL
How can I possibly prove your news is tainted?

That would make me as bad as you, generalizing like it's universal truth, I would however, believe you are prone to licking live light sockets.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:24
I had to respond yet again. Try reading the IRC (international Residential Code).

It's the same one adapted by Europe, Japan, and the United States, and yes even in Britin, where it is wondered if they can follow it.
Quote taken from the US manual on the subject

it is worth noting that a few states have no requirements or may only have an energy code as a recommended practice. it is worth noting that a few states have no requirements or may only have an energy code as a recommended practice.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
You're cracking me up. LOL
How can I possibly prove your news is tainted?

That would make me as bad as you, generalizing like it's universal truth, I would however, believe you are prone to licking live light sockets.
I know just how far behind your mob is over there but my electrics are protected by a device called an RCCD :rolleyes:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Quote taken from the US manual on the subject
"A few states"

Rich the vast majority of US citizens live in modern cities and suburbs, none of these would fall into that category. You are referring to mainly agricultural states, where building codes are obviously less enforced.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I know just how far behind your mob is over there but my electrics are protected by a device called an RCCD :rolleyes:

Wow I"ve never heard of ground fault technology before. I wonder who started using it first?

The ground-fault circuit-interrutper (GFCI) was developed in the 1960’s based on a concept by Professor Charles Dalziel of the University of California at Berkeley. The GFCI became a success soon after it was developed into a commercial product by a handful of companies

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
"A few states"

Rich the vast majority of US citizens live in modern cities and suburbs, none of these would fall into that category. You are referring to mainly agricultural states, where building codes are obviously less enforced.
How large is the combined size of the Rural US?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Nothing to do with ground faults, try again
Irrelevant; the implication was that we don't have protection against electrocution. Again the amount you think you known compared to the actual facts is, in fact, an entire universe.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Less than 2%.
80% live within 200 miles (320 K) from the coast.
Well that's odd according to your own census the figure is in excess of 52,000,000 almost the size of the UK population, hardly insignificant:rolleyes:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
How large is the combined size of the Rural US?

Plus just because they're rural doesn't mean they don't have building codes, that is a subset. But you knew that already, 'cause you're a genius.

Last edited:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Irrelevant; the implication was that we don't have protection against electrocution. Again the amount you think you known compared to the actual facts is, in fact, an entire universe.
Irrelevant, basic earth fault protection has been superceeded here for decades

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Well that's odd according to your own census the figure is in excess of 52,000,000 almost the size of the UK population, hardly insignificant:rolleyes:
Rural does not nessisarilly mean they are in a state without codes many rural area exist in states with large cities. Making them prone to having modern building codes.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Rural does not nessisarilly mean they are in a state without codes many rural area exist in states with large cities. Making them prone to having modern building codes.
Codes should apply to the whole country, not just to those states that decide to opt in or out

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Irrelevant, basic earth fault protection has been superceeded here for decades
Well you guys have a tendency to reinvent wheels.
If ya’ll are so good at electrical engineering, why did your car makers fail to make an electrical system work; until we took over your failing auto industry and give it an overhaul?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Codes should apply to the whole country, not just to those states that decide to opt in or out
In principle I agree, however farming communities have always operated on different paradigms.
A necessary cost verses improvement ratio.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
RCD residual current device
RCCD residual current operated circuit breaker
SRCD socket outlet incorporating an RCD
PRCD portable RCD, usually an RCD incorporated into a plug
RCBO an RCCD which includes overcurrent protection
SRCBO a socket outlet incorporating an RCBO

Also know as
ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI),
ground fault interrupter (GFI)
or an appliance leakage current interrupter (ALCI).

in the states and Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom