House Prices (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:14
Actually my dishwasher use less than water than washing them in the sink and of course I don't have to wash and dry drying towels;)
Same here. Modern dishwashers are a pretty far cry from those available a few years ago and it means only running it once a week.

Ironically I complain about these house prices then look at Haiti....
It's all relative.

Yes, clearly, the people in Haiti are far worse off than the majority - if not everyone - posting here. Does that mean your problems are not important to you? Of course not.

Some people lose their whole family in accidents, does that mean that someone who only loses one child shouldn't complain about it? Of course not.

The posters here who would come out with some bullsh*t about how easy you - or anyobody else for that matter - have it compared to certain other people are full of it. Everyone has their own problems and nobody gets to sit back and downgrade them just because they don't see them as worth complaining about.

One of the regular posters here lost his house in the recent recession. Did that affect anyone else here? No. Was he as badly off as those in Haiti? Clearly not. Was he entitled to compain about it? Absolutely.

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:14
outstandingly well said

I could list my top 5 problems but of course to everyone else they are irrelevant.

Would be good if we could get an accountant to run the country instead of randomers...that way the economy might stand a chance.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
but that house hasn't changed.

I currently earn what they say is an average salary for a graduate. but considering I have no savings, a student loan and need to pay rent. it severly limits my ability to buy a house. I need to save for a 10-20% deposit which is above 10k reasonably. I then need to get a mortgage, easier for me since I live with my fiancee but currently she doesn't have a job and is studying still....

PLUS I am getting married and that uses up all my savings...But that depends on my (our) priorities...The cost of the marraige is the same as a deposit for a house.

Its not easy.

2 of my friends are buying houses (same age as me, 24) and both of them have done so with money from either inheritance or a parents pension. . .

I think you missus needs a job, if you saved up a deposit on one wage - two wages will mean deposit and mortgage no problem. You can get studio apartment in city centre for 100k.

I suspect you are better off than many , probably most, you just require a little patience.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:14
Same here. Modern dishwashers are a pretty far cry from those available a few years ago and it means only running it once a week.

I absolutely hate ours. It grinds and whirrs for seemingly hours. I think it's a ploy by the wife because I'd rather do the dishes myself rather than listen to that contraption for hours on end.

It's all relative.

Yes, clearly, the people in Haiti are far worse off than the majority - if not everyone - posting here. Does that mean your problems are not important to you? Of course not.

Totally agree. It's unhealthy to try to dismiss your emotions as worthless because somebody else is having it worse. Your discomforts are still real regardless of other people's circumstances. There is nothing wrong in acknowledging them as goals to overcome. Otherwise you'll never improve your lot.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
..I currently pay £475 a month for a 2 bed spacious flat, even has a dishwasher
I don't think I have ever been in an American home that didn't have a dishwasher. And the ones I used to build had two.

hehehehe, I love it over here.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I don't think I have ever been in an American home that didn't have a dishwasher. And the ones I used to build had two.

hehehehe, I love it over here.

Are you in Utah?

Why on earth would you need two? How many dishes can one person use , I mean how much food can one person consume? Oh , right - I bet the houses had doorways wider then your avergae EU home too?

Really though - why?

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
and I would need to save about £17,500 for the deposit (lol same as my budget for the wedding).

So isn't the answer obvious?

Why bother to get married? Nearly two out of three fail anyway.

Avoid any sprogs too, they are a real drain.

Col

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Are you in Utah?

Why on earth would you need two? How many dishes can one person use , I mean how much food can one person consume? Oh , right - I bet the houses had doorways wider then your avergae EU home too?

Really though - why?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Are you in Utah?

Really though - why?

Mostly because some of the homes we built had very large entertainment areas in the basement. It's hilly around here, which makes a nice walk out basement, perfect for entertaining, and access to the pool.

Adam Caramon

Local time
If it makes you feel any better, I bought my house in 2005 for $92,000. As of today, it is worth about $60,000.

Local time
Today, 04:14
And I bought my house in 1999 for $119,000 and lost it in 2009 after the price had sky-rocketed to $300,000 in 2005. Now I rent because nobody will finance me.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
And I bought my house in 1999 for $119,000 and lost it in 2009 after the price had sky-rocketed to $300,000 in 2005. Now I rent because nobody will finance me.
Why couldn't you have sold it instead of losing it?:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom