why can't I post from home anymore? (1 Viewer)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 04:41
A few weeks ago I tried to log onto the site at home. It appeared that the logon was stuck in a loop so I waited until the next day to post.

On Friday I tried again. The screen tells me "welcome Oumahexi" I can see all the forums but when I try to post to any of them I'm asked to log in! Has this happened to anyone else or am I, once again, unique :D

Ooops, should have said, I used to be able to login and post from any pc I was using, no matter where it was located.

G81

Registered User.
Local time
have you tried clearing your browser cache???

For internet explorer 8 its: Tools > Options > General Tab > Delete > Only select Temporary internet files > Delete

Similar for other browsers.

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Today, 15:41
Could this be part of the Budget Savings put in place by the Government?:D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
have you tried clearing your browser cache???

For internet explorer 8 its: Tools > Options > General Tab > Delete > Only select Temporary internet files > Delete

Similar for other browsers.

My home pc has an automatic sweep to clear cached files on shutdown. I think I'll try signing up with a different name over the weekend and see if that works. It's strange though.

Could this be part of the Budget Savings put in place by the Government?:D

I'm just waiting for them to tell me I need my own pc to work for them :), as it is, if we need to use our car to do their business they want to see proof of MOT; Insurance; driving licence etc! Excuse me, my car, any fines will be mine, not yours! :p

G81

Registered User.
Local time
You might want to rule out your browser too. Download another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox and see if it does the same thing. If it doesn't, then you could try putting IE back to factory default settings, as there might be an addon causing the issue.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
You might want to rule out your browser too. Download another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox and see if it does the same thing. If it doesn't, then you could try putting IE back to factory default settings, as there might be an addon causing the issue.

Thanks G, I have Google Chrome but don't use it to connect to this server as it's in my IE 7 favourites, I'll try that.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
My home pc has an automatic sweep to clear cached files on shutdown. I think I'll try signing up with a different name over the weekend and see if that works. It's strange though.

I'm just waiting for them to tell me I need my own pc to work for them :), as it is, if we need to use our car to do their business they want to see proof of MOT; Insurance; driving licence etc! Excuse me, my car, any fines will be mine, not yours! :p
You'll need a certificate to use the loo in a minute and of course that'll have to be in triplicate;)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 23:41
It sounds like a cookie issue. It's possible your computer is not saving the login information while you are here. Definitely try a new browser to rule it out. :D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Using Google Chrome, works fine. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom