Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 11-07-2019, 03:59 AM   #1
hinchi1
Newly Registered User

hinchi1 is on a distinguished road
Hyperlink email body text

I have automated Outlook from Access and all works fine when Outlook on my PC is started and loads the message which I have programmed inside Access. The email addresses show up as hyperlinks as I would expect. However, my organisation is moving to OWA(Office 365) and the email addresses in the message body just show as plain text. I have looked on other forums on how to make the email addresses as hyperlinks within the Access code but not my speciality, so in need of some help please. Attached is the code which for obvious security reasons i have removed email names but I have highlighted in yellow the areas which need HTML formatting. Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Email Hyperlink Question.docx (19.0 KB, 7 views)

hinchi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:20 AM   #2
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,993 Times in 2,721 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hyperlink email body text

Hi and welcome to AWF.
I've moved your post as it was in a moderated area intended for working code samples.

Normally you would insert this info with a DLookup (or a user defined function based on DLookup) together with concatenation for text strings.

Suggest you look at the similar threads below for information.

I expect someone will be along soon with a more detailed reply if you need it.

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:01 AM   #3
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,260 Times in 1,241 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about

Hi. Welcome to AWF! You could try tagging the email address with HTML. For example, <a href=mailto://EmailAddressHere>EmailAddressHere</a>.

|
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:06 AM   #4
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinchi1 View Post
The email addresses show up as hyperlinks as I would expect. However, my organisation is moving to OWA(Office 365) and the email addresses in the message body just show as plain text.
Have you tried wrapping the emails with the HTML tag:
Code:
<href></href>
That might possibly work. I've automated outlook many times but never with Office 365, so my links were always automatically detected and appeared as hyperlinks. If <href> doesn't work, it's not all bad to send email addresses as plain text. The only thing user has to do if they wanna email that person is copy and past the text into an email message.
vba_php is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:29 AM   #5
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

I am not sure HTML is going to work in plain text email.?
I would expect the HTML code would just be displayed.?

Then again, I've only ever used HTML with HTML emails.?

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:47 AM   #6
hinchi1
Newly Registered User

Thanks for the replies. I just wondered why owa would be just plain text. Maybe something for Microsoft to work on.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #7
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I just wondered why owa would be just plain text. Maybe something for Microsoft to work on.
Maybe there's a Settings somewhere to change it?

|
|
Old 11-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #8
hinchi1
Newly Registered User

Looked to change settings but cannot see anything. Will contact our IT department for possible solutions.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #9
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

Well an easy test would be, can you do it manually.?

If so, send it to yourself, and then look at the source.?

That should tell you what you need, if it can be done.?

HTH

Old 11-07-2019, 12:03 PM   #10
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Looked to change settings but cannot see anything. Will contact our IT department for possible solutions.
Hi. If you have to go through IT, then maybe the answer would be a no. For example, at out work, HTML emails are permanently disabled because it can contain links or code (like JavaScript) that could be dangerous to the company network.

|
|
Old 11-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #11
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Well I took it to be plain text as you have vbCRLF in your email body string.?

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: