Combine custom save button on subform with save button on main form (1 Viewer)

popeye

Work smarter, not harder.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:55
:confused: :confused:

I used an example i saw on this site titled "A better mouse/rat trap" essentially it prevents the user from modifying records and exiting or going onto another record before the record is saved.
The exaple has a save button on thhe main form and one on the subform. What i would like to do, is combine the functionality of both the main and subform save buttons into one save button preferably the one that is on the mmain form

I fooled around with some codes, like cut the codes that were in the subform save button and place it behind the main form save button. This works partially except it gives you two msg boxs one aski g to save changes to main form and the next saying save changes to sub form.

the next problem with it is that the second msgbox that comes up, if you click no, it does not undo the chnages made to the subform which it normally would do if the save button on the subform was clicked.

I think if i attached the zip file"a better mouse trap" you'd understand my plight. It was designed i think by ghudson "dazed and confused"

I havent changed the example only modified it using my codes, by programming my save buttons on my forms like it.

Please help.. and advise.

If you can send "very detailed" instructions iid be very grateful.

Truth is im very grateful for the help this forum has provided. Today is my dead dead dead line for this program. 6 - 7 hrs from now.

Thanks in advance for the tips. :cool:

Attachments

• mousetrap.zip
    83.7 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 00:55
When you move to a new form the form you are leaving is updated. So, when you move from your parent form to your child form, the former is updated. When you leave the child it is updated.

C'est la vie!

popeye

Work smarter, not harder.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:55
I still want them to use MY custom save button

:cool: SJ i understand what your saying about the child and the parent form being automaticaly updated but what the mouse trap example does is force the user to press the custom save button./

This is whati have done to my form. but as i said before, i dont want to use a save button on my sub/child form yet i want to retain the power i have over the user in preventing them from changing any records and moving onto another or doing anything else without saving the changes by clicking my "custom" save button.

please check the mouse trap attachment to get a better undersdtanding of what im asking.

I realise that im not suppose to ask u guys if a problem can be solved in access but rather HOW can the problem be solved, which is what im asking./

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom