Problem on Split DB (1 Viewer)

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
Problem on Split DB
I have a split DB, front end on workstations, back end on server in my office. I have some very simple calculated fields inn unbound text boxes that have always displayed the correct data until recently. Now some of them will not display the data; some will when the field is clicked, some won't at all:
This is in the header of one form, will only display data if I click on the form:
Code:
="Client Has" & " " & DCount("[SequenceNumber]","qryCountBillingChanges","[ClientID] = " & [ClientID]) & " " & "Record(s) in Billing Changes With The Same Sequence #" & " " & [SequenceNumber]
These will not display any data even if I click on the field:
Code:
=Sum([ReplySent]+1)
  =Sum(Abs([ReplySent]))
However, if I have the following in an unbound text box it will display:
Code:
=DCount("Name","qrylLetterWritersNotSentNoDupes","Duplicate=False")
I suspect it may have something to do with the local network, but before I spend money on calling the outside consultant – the server and its network is way beyond my expertise, I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem or how I might fix it myself with the Access program.

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
I thought that I was the only one having this or a similar problem and then I found the following:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...not-calculating-until-clicked?forum=accessdev

Seems that this is a problem which has not been addressed by Microsoft as yet although the last note on the post says that they will look into it.

I tried a few things on my own and found that sometimes F9 works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes clicking on the field doesn't work either. Funny that clicking on refresh doesn't do anything. Sometimes clicking on the field doesn't work either. I also figured out a "fix" of my own that was to code setting focus to the field in question using the form OnCurrent event.. I guess that is the same as clicking on the field.

Would really like to know if others have had this problem and if they have any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom