Run-time error '-2147352567 (800200009)' : This Recordset is not updateable (1 Viewer)

safeerbinsalih

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:50
My database was working properly until yesterday. A new error is throwing while opening a form

Run-time error '-2147352567 (800200009)' :
This Recordset is not updateable

I'm not able to update the data in linked table using this form. however I'm able to change the data directly going into the table.

Any help is really appreciated.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 22:20
If it was working before and you didn't change anything, try a Compact and Repair, else create a new database and import all into it.

safeerbinsalih

Registered User.
Local time
Tried both. But not working. :(

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Okay.
Then something has changed, when the database doesn't got corrupt, it can't work one day and not another day.
Post you database with some sample data, + tell how to reproduce the error.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Run-time error '-2147352567 (800200009)' :
This Recordset is not updateable

I'm not able to update the data in linked table using this form. however I'm able to change the data directly going into the table.
I sound more that the recordsource for the form, is a query as a table.

safeerbinsalih

Registered User.
Local time
I copied and replaced the table. Now it is working. Don't know how. But, thanks for your support JHB.

LP1

Local time
Did you find a solution that would prevent this from happening?

-I have programmed a whole form layout, when this problem occured on my form. I resolved this problem by copy and replacing of the table.
- But I would like to know why this problem is occuring. -As I don't want to reprogram everything again if this happends.
Does anyone has any suggestion for this problem? -why would it occur? -is it a problem with VBA coding? -Is it a primary key problem?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:20
Why it would occur ? Could be anything

users sharing same FE
Db not split
Users connecting wirelessly
Faulty drive
Faulty connection
Poorly written error handling

all come to mind

Reactions: LP1

LP1

Local time
Why it would occur ? Could be anything

users sharing same FE
Db not split
Users connecting wirelessly
Faulty drive
Faulty connection
Poorly written error handling

all come to mind
Thank you, - that was very helpful.
Sorry I am new in access, what do you mean by 'FE', 'DB' 'poorly written error handling' and faulty drive ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
FE=Front End
BE=Back End
DB=database - your app

faulty drive - where your FE and BE's are located

databases should always be split - BE contains the tables, the FE everything else - forms, reports, queries, code modules and macros. The only exception being data macros which are associated with tables.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:20
But I would like to know why this problem is occuring. -As I don't want to reprogram everything again if this happends.
it can also occur if your form using Query as recordsource (such as Crosstab or Total Query).
it might also occur when there is No Primary key on your table.

LP1

Local time
Hello again, I made it work with copying the table and creating a new form. But Now I ran into the problem again, as I could not make combo boxes work.
I added a combo box and now my database is not updateable
Also my new copied table design view says that it's a copy I opened and read only
Can someone help me with this problem?
I don't understand why the file is a read only, if I am the only person working in the database

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Have you tried a Compact and Repair?
Else post your database.

LP1

Local time
Have you tried a Compact and Repair?
Else post your database.
Yes, i have tried this too. I will post my database here.
The problem is occuring on the combo boxes, with the drop down menu

Attachments

• FMEA databse.accdb
    956 KB · Views: 67

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
it's because your form is bound to the same table as the combo uses as a rowsource and is also bound to the same table- since what you are trying to select is a different process, it tries to update it, but can't because that would create duplicates in the table - so you get thyis message
image_2022-10-24_110722538.png

which is what I presume you mean by 'now my database is not updateable'

Since there is no clue as to how your form is supposed to work, not sure what to suggest - if the combo is supposed to be used to search for a record then it a) should be unbound and b) needs some code to find the record - what this code looks like depends on whether you want to filter or use criteria

Attachments

• 1666606069314.png
    1666606069314.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 52

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
You need to make the combobox unbound, else it would try to replace the value with the value from the combobox and then you'll get 2 values with the same numbers in the table.
I've attached the changed database, try it..

Attachments

• FMEA databse.accdb
    920 KB · Views: 62

LP1

Local time
it's because your form is bound to the same table as the combo uses as a rowsource and is also bound to the same table- since what you are trying to select is a different process, it tries to update it, but can't because that would create duplicates in the table - so you get thyis message
View attachment 104061

which is what I presume you mean by 'now my database is not updateable'

Since there is no clue as to how your form is supposed to work, not sure what to suggest - if the combo is supposed to be used to search for a record then it a) should be unbound and b) needs some code to find the record - what this code looks like depends on whether you want to filter or use criteria
What do you mean by 'would create duplicates in the table' ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What do you mean by 'would create duplicates in the table' ?

don't have your app open right now but if your table has

LP1
LP2
LP3
etc

as you have it at the moment, you can only select one of these in your combo. The field is set to indexed, no duplicates and your combo is bound to this field

so when you try to select one of them, it tries to either update the current record or create a new one - depends on what record you are on (see the navigation bar at the bottom of the form). Either way, that the tries to create a duplicate so the action fails. Only time it won't is if you happen to be on the record with the same value.

Suggest take a look at what JHB has provided in post #16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom