2 errors when switching system locale to Japanese (1 Viewer)

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:42
Hi there - I would like to install my Access app on machines in Japan running with Japanese OS. The users told me about problems on start up which is why I switched my System locale (Win 10; Access 2007) to Japanese.

The first error message I get is:
The expression you entered has a function name that database can't find
When I want to check the code for problems to implement modifications I get the second error message - after this I cannot even access the VBA code at all:
The database cannot be opened because the vba project contained in it cannot be read
After changing the System Locale back to German, the app runs fine. So it can't be a problem of missing references.

How can I identify what causes the problem when running the application on Japanese OS? Thanks for help!

FRANK

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 09:42
If it can't find the function, did you check to see IF the function was indeed there?
What function was it?
Sometimes it's a false error.

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, that's strange - it seems as if there is no VBA code. As I said - when I open the editor, there is nothing. I can't see any code.

BUT - when I change the System locale back to German (incl. reboot) everything is back to normal, i.e. I can see the code and VBA/the application works.

So it seems as if with Japanese the code disappears. Is there any solution for this?

Thx for help, FRANK

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 09:42
This happens. Access will wipe out all the code. It pisses me off when it does, so....restore backups.
backup often.

perlfan

Registered User.
Local time
However, when I switch back System Locale to German, the code is there (using the SAME file) and I can run the application without problems. Only with Japanese I get the errors and I can't see where the code stops (probably because the entire code is somehow locked). Who can help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom