2003 Security issues (1 Viewer)

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:07
I am either tired, lazy or stupid

I know the solution to this, but cannot seem to find it in my friday afternoon rotting brain...

One of my users is using A2003, while all others have 2002 using a db that was developed in 2002.
Now on opening he gets the "you cannot open this database because it is not on a safe location" message.

I know it is some setting in the Internet Explorer security settings that needs changing... but I cannot get it right to fix the problem.

Anyone have a easy fix for me?

Regards

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:07
I sometimes get similar messages when I download from sites like this that have posted sample dB. I right click on the icon for the db and select properties. At the bottom there is a unblock selection. That usually works for me and I can then open the dB.

I hope this works for you.

Alan

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 22:07
OK I'm guessing. But if its to do with Internet Explorer will this be that you put the site in the trusted sites in security ?

Brian

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
The odd thing is it is allready on the intranet, build on the intranet and allways has been on the intranet.

Also I checked in IE and all intranet sites/servers/locations are there allready.
We do have a rather strict firewall at work, I have had the admins take it offline and then it works... So there is something there that is blocking it...
I will try the unblock thing... didnt even know that was there....

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
No joy in finding the Unblock anywhere...

The postfix of the intranet is already in the trusted site list.... *.nl.company.com/

In short I am still looking for options to try...

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 22:07
Don't know where you looked but from Explorer select file with right click and then properties from local menu. It is at the bottom of the tab, or atleast it was for JohnLee's MDB downloaded from this site. Mindyou it does sound like a firewall problem, not my strength.

Brian

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
I did look in the properties, but will double check...

Meanwhile I am hoping someone with a little more firewall knowledge can help me....

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
No joy in finding the Unlock...

Anyone have any good ideas about firewalls??? Or other security things that may cause this ??
I am really lost here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom