#2's Not A Ukulele (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:49
Stove's good but the dishwasher is on its way out.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Simply beautiful Micron, I wish I could do yours justice with my crap playing...

Jonnybell41

Local time
Today, 09:49
Well you know how to get in touch. By the time I get around to it, you should have enough saved up - but you'll probably need a new stove to go with that new fridge. ;)
Hi buddy, I want to buy a mini-fridge for myself because my old fridge is making a noise and going to overheat rapidly. So suggest to me a good thing that is available at reasonable price.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Hi buddy, I want to buy a mini-fridge for myself because my old fridge is making a noise and going to overheat rapidly. So suggest to me a good thing that is available at reasonable price.
Micron no longer frequents this forum, unfortunately...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Micron no longer frequents this forum, unfortunately...
I still get emails for threads that I haven't unsubscribed from. Still have your email addy too (I think).
Anyway, that looks like spam to me. Really? Google has millions of reviews on appliances.
Drop me a line sometime - I'd like to know how the uke is holding up.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I still get emails for threads that I haven't unsubscribed from. Still have your email addy too (I think).
Anyway, that looks like spam to me. Really? Google has millions of reviews on appliances.
Drop me a line sometime - I'd like to know how the uke is holding up.

There are not many times when I am thrilled to be wrong - this is one of them!

I will send you an email about Lydia and might even include the ONE song I learned. Hell, I might even post it in the thread you used to make it.

Good to see you...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
There are not many times when I am thrilled to be wrong - this is one of them!
Thanks. Nice to feel missed. Doesn't happen very often.
Oddly enough, I don't think I got an email from the forum after your last post.

murphybridget

Local time
Today, 12:49
This will likely be the last set of pics or updates for about 3 or 4 weeks. I have 7 coats of clear finish on it now and tomorrow I'll be sanding out any dust marks and such with 600 grit. After that I have to wait at least 2 weeks before I can sand out to 2000 then 4000 and then polish. I hope to end up with a finish as glassy and smooth as if I had used nitro cellulose lacquer (hope I spelled that correctly) which is something you have to have a business license of some sort to use. To get that, you'd need a spray booth setup with positive ventilation - or so I'm told.

You can see all sorts of reflections in these next photos - some make the finish actually look milky or deficient in some way but it's only light reflections. What's not coming across is the true chocolate colour of the wood - it's actually nicer than it photographs!

In this side view of the upper bout you can see a reflection of the wooden support that is bolted into the neck mounting cavity! Pic on the right is the bottom with the rosewood end graft.

View attachment 82654 . View attachment 82656
View attachment 82659 . View attachment 82661

What also appears to be not true colour (at least on my laptop) is the neck. It is more orange-brown that what you see here and it goes with the body colour better than you might think by looking at these. This time around I decided to apply the finish with only pilot holes where the tuners go, which is why you only see small holes there at present. This was to stop clear finish from running through full sized holes and creating any drips or runs on the down side during drying. I just need to be careful when drilling these out so as to not mar the finish on either side.

Middle pic is the headstock with a black layer then maple (the white part) and then the veneer on top (on the right). The veneer is left over side or back material (left pic).
View attachment 82662 . View attachment 82664 . View attachment 82665
Those grains look immaculate.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
The puzzled look on the face of the instructor when he asked me the model and I said "Its a Special Edition Micron". Priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom