32 bit references running on 64 bit Access (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 03:41
I have been using Just Remote Phone for years. It works great with a simple interface to Access.

It's 32 bit and when changed to 64 bit it stopped working. Is there a universal translator, or a way to make Access 64 bit read 32 bit APIs?

Thanks

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 00:41
I have been using Just Remote Phone for years. It works great with a simple interface to Access.

It's 32 bit and when changed to 64 bit it stopped working. Is there a universal translator, or a way to make Access 64 bit read 32 bit APIs?

Thanks
Yes. There has been a LOT of information published over the last few years on making Access 64 bit compatible. I think you'll find many references searching that topic. That said, if "Just Remote Phone" is a third-party tool (which is a new one for me), it may or may not have a 64 bit compatible version available. That's one of the hazards of using TP solutions. You might want to contact the vendor of this tool to see if they can support 64 bit.

To be honest, the availability of resources for 32 bit to 64 bit compatibility is so widespread, it's just simpler to suggest you search out some that you like.

GK in the UK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:41
I don't know if this is a universal fix but try this:

For the declaration of the interface function or sub, where it says (eg)

Private Declare Function FunctionName () as long or whatever, change it to
Private Declare PtrSafe Function FunctionName () as long

To code the job properly I think it should be (for example) like this so your code will work 32 or 64:

#If VBA7 Then
Private Declare PtrSafe Function GetKeyState Lib "user32" ( ByVal nVirtKey As Long) As Integer
#Else
Private Declare Function GetKeyState Lib "user32" ( ByVal nVirtKey As Long) As Integer
#End If

I've managed to get old routines to work like this

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I don't know if this is a universal fix but try this...

No that's not a universal fix!
You also need to convert Long to LongPtr for handles/pointers and may need to update Type declarations and Dim statements in some cases.
As George stated, check out the many useful resources online ...and also check the similar threads below

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 00:41
No that's not a universal fix!
You also need to convert Long to LongPtr for handles/pointers and may need to update Type declarations and Dim statements in some cases.
As George stated, check out the many useful resources online ...and also check the similar threads below
Colin, don't you have an article on your website?

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:41

Contact the support of Just Remote Phone and ask if they offer 64bit libraries of their API.
Their is no such thing as a translator and while it theoretically could be possible to enable a 32bit library to be used by a 64bit application, the effort required will be prohibitive.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Thanks Guys, The first thing i did was to contact the developers. To no avail. I think it's a small part of their operation to interface with Office products.
It's a shame, it made it possible to set up a small business with all kinds of advanced call center gizmos.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
The first thing i did was to contact the developers. To no avail.
That means they did not respond or they refused to make their components available for 64bit?

Anyway, you're pretty much out of luck without their support.
It is theoretically possible to create a 64bit fake replacement of their libraries that communicates with a surrogate wrapper process around their library. - The effort for creating such a solution is most likely prohibitive, as remarked before.
This SO questions has some useful linked resources in the answers: https://stackoverflow.com/q/8660357/4783374

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
That means they did not respond or they refused to make their components available for 64bit?

Anyway, you're pretty much out of luck without their support.
It is theoretically possible to create a 64bit fake replacement of their libraries that communicates with a surrogate wrapper process around their library. - The effort for creating such a solution is most likely prohibitive, as remarked before.
This SO questions has some useful linked resources in the answers: https://stackoverflow.com/q/8660357/4783374
Didn't respond. I think the end is near for them. connecting your phone to your computer is being offered in Win 11.
I have no idea how many of their customers have use the API, but I have and it is a seriously powerful way to have your databases control your phone.

So my loss.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:41
upgrade to win11 then.
2022-04-22 21 54 48.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Phone Link is available in Win 10 - Android phones only

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
@arnelgp and @isladogs , can you please post the link to the COM API of these Windows phone integrations?
If there is none, what are your suggestions for integration into Microsoft Access?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:41
it's an App and i don't know if you can call it within mso apps.
it is only in response to this:
connecting your phone to your computer is being offered in Win 11.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Does the Microsoft version have a VBA reference?

The Just Phone app is incorporated into my databases. It makes the Access Database the Call Center.

Connected data is the essence of a database. For small businesses that use cell phones, this tool gives them access to customer, vendor, and project management triggered by the phone. It's a powerful tool, bringing call center capabilities to small business.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom