Gazetted name (ie: Hope)
Watershed code (ie: 1041)

Table 2:

Fields:
Watershed code (ie: 1041)
Field 1
Field 2
Field 3

In table 1, each gazetted name matched a watershed code (ie: fraser river = 1041, hope river = 1521)

As the end result, I need to add the "gazetted name" field from table 1 to table 2 so that it matches the watershed code records. The records can't be random, they need to match like they do in table 1.

How can I do this?

Thanks for your help

RichMorrison

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:52
Sue,

Before we talk about "how", let me ask "why" ?

If you have a name in table 1, why do you need the same name in table 2 ?

You can join table 1 to table 2 in a query on watershed code and then select fields from table 2 plus the name from table 1.

RichM

sueviolet

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:52
RICH,

Can you be more specific about following : "You can join table 1 to table 2 in a query on watershed code "

I have added both tables to the query design view. They are joined by an "ID" field in both tables. I dragged the watershed code from table 2 and the gazetted name from table 1 to the QBE.

Now I have 2 fields in my datasheet view, watershed code and gazetted name, but they dont match up like they do in table 1

Help!

RichMorrison

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:52
You wrote
<<
Can you be more specific about following : "You can join table 1 to table 2 in a query on watershed code "

I have added both tables to the query design view. They are joined by an "ID" field in both tables. I dragged the watershed code from table 2 and the gazetted name from table 1 to the QBE.
>>

What is an "ID" field ????

As I wrote, join on watershed code.

P.S. You got the same answer in the other forum too.

RichM

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom