360 Total security (1 Viewer)

Harrybrigham

Local time
Today, 00:02
My machine has recently been contaminated with 360 Total Security. I uninstalled it since when It has appeared as a popup. I tried the spyhunter 5 free version but it didn't work. Has anyone got a cure? bearing in mind I am a novice with computers.

Harrybrigham

Local time
I tried to uninstall the normal way but the icon is on the task bar and will not go no matter what I do. Pop ups appear every time I start my machine.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:02
Usually the only way to uninstall a persistent program involves rebooting to SAFE mode. The question is whether you have another A/V package and whether they have interacted. Usually, when you have a pair of dueling A/V packages, they block each other from doing various things including removal. And there IS the question of whether what you have actually IS 360 Total Security, because the "I won't go away" symptom often heralds the presence of a Trojan or other flavor of malware.

Harrybrigham

Local time
If I go into settings/ virus I find that 360Total Security has taken over and is turned on, and I have no control over it.

Harrybrigham

Local time
I went to an expert computer man and had my machine completely renovated. I cost a bit but it is just like new. Thanks everybody for trying to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom