50's and 60's the whole month of Feb (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:38
For years, climate change denialists
Please stop. No one is "denying" anything EXCEPT that HUMANS are the proximate cause of the change. Change is NORMAL. It has been going on for millions of years. WHO caused the last warm period - it wasn't humans because we hadn't been invented yet. During most of the history of the world, florida didn't exist so I'm not sure I would want to spend millions on a condo on Miami Beach or even Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii as Obama has. Guess he's not actually a believer.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:38
There are geological records going back millions of years.

The fact is, decades ago, climate scientists projected a startling increase in global temperatures would occur based on increasing carbon dioxide levels. It is is happening.

For years, climate change denialists argued that there was no change happening until it became impossible to dismiss. Then they moved to claiming it was part of a natural cycle. Scientists have shown a very thorough understanding of the factors involved in cycles and none of them can be attributed as a cause of the temperature increase.

Scientists said it would happen and it did. Why do you find it so hard to accept they have got it right?

Some denialists have now accepted it is being caused by human activity and started arguing that it will improve the planet.
I doubt those dating records that go back millions of years since many of them have been tried and proven true supposedly and then proven wrong again. Check out this article which suggests scientists understanding of the universe is seriously flawed. And this is just in one little area, the likelihood is this is true with most a mankind's supposed understanding of things

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom