A multi select form using unbound check boxes (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:36
Thought I would put this up since it is a fairly common topic and I have put it up elsewhere - selecting records from a list for onward processing without the need for a table based tickbox. Similar in concept to the conditional formatting version I provided here

This example enables a user to tick a checkbox against each record they want to process. There are options to select all and deselect all and to view just those records selected or not selected. And then a button to (in this case) print labels.
image_2022-05-26_172641405.png

Attachments

• multiSelectFormWithChkBox.zip
    39.9 KB · Views: 271

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:36
@CJ_London I like the concept. Have you thought about updating it to clear the checkmarks or to toggle them? If you accidentally check a box, there is no way to uncheck it.

Was there a reason you used the gotFocus event rather than the Click event?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:36
Brilliant and simple.
I can uncheck selected after filter but have to toggle between Not Selected and Selected to refresh list.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Pat Hartman - it only occurs on the first one selected. For my own apps, I had already corrected it. If you select all then deselect the ones you don't want it works OK. Selecting all then deselecting all it also works. - edit: as noted by June

I've attached a corrected version

Attachments

• multiSelectFormWithChkBox v2.accdb
    492 KB · Views: 102

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Chris. Could you please update the download sample on AWF?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Can you not see v2 in post #4? Or do you mean something else?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sorry, I thought we were talking in a different thread because that's where I got the link to come here. Thanks again for the update. I'll just go away for now before I say anything more stupid.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I've only just noticed this thread.
Although apparently not widely known about, you can also create multiselect filters in continuous forms without the need for unbound checkboxes or similar methods. For example:

1703840301898.png

For details on how this is done using the UI or code, see

I've also created a YouTube video demonstrating this approach

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
@Pat Hartman - it only occurs on the first one selected. For my own apps, I had already corrected it. If you select all then deselect the ones you don't want it works OK. Selecting all then deselecting all it also works. - edit: as noted by June

I've attached a corrected version
@CJ_London

Just come to this from a link in another forum.

Where are all the normal events associated with a button. I understand this is a toggle button, but that still has a click event etc?

Trying to fathom out how it works. :)

TIA

1708009117699.png

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
the toggles are associated with an option group (optView), so no code required on the toggles - it's in the option group after update event

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom