aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh h!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 15:47
When it gets to that stage I go pour myself a nice glass of malt whisky, and forget the world. It helps being retired and thus not at work. :D

Brian
They don't call it the water of life for nothing!

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:47
Eau de vie, Mmmmm.......

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Poor Bob. I hope your weekend was better than your Friday was.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
What a silly thing to say.

Would that be the "sadly for others" part or the "maybe next time" part?

Either way, I think Col, like Bob, just needs a wee hug every now and then to remind him that we all still care :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Would that be the "sadly for others" part or the "maybe next time" part?

Either way, I think Col, like Bob, just needs a wee hug every now and then to remind him that we all still care :D

The "sadly for others" part.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:47
Poor Bob. I hope your weekend was better than your Friday was.

Only marginally and then it is back to being not so good again. And to top it all off, my wife's aunt (with whom my wife is very close) may die today. She is undergoing a very risky quintuple bypass on her heart today and she isn't likely to survive due to several conditions, including Diabetes.

Part of the other stuff is that it looks like we will probably be losing our house. The two months I was out of work has messed up our payments and they are looking to foreclose. So, it just keeps getting better and better :(

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Oh Bob, you are having a rough time. Just remember your friends are right here if you want to let off steam, we are always happy to lend an eye to your frustrations. We may not have the answers, but we sure do have a care.

ak_ls

Registered User.
Local time
Now, I realise the economic down turn in USA is hitting so hard.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Really sorry to hear your news Bob. You feel they could be a little less hard when you have a job again. Is there no chance you can negociate some sort of deal with them

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Really sorry to hear your news Bob. You feel they could be a little less hard when you have a job again. Is there no chance you can negociate some sort of deal with them

We're looking into that but due to all of the other bills we're behind on as well and I don't make enough per month to pay everything at the normal payment schedules, it looks like bankruptcy may be our only option. We'll be working with a consumer credit counseling org to see what we can do.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
can you re-negociate ? or trickle feed the outstanding

How long is your morgage for - can you re-morgage with the same provider and do it to cover the shortfall ...

speak to the bank - if your paying ( but have a 2 month lag in payments then they should be willing to defer -- )

- G

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
rent a room out perhaps...
whatever you do Bob - hope it works out ...

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
can you re-negociate ? or trickle feed the outstanding

How long is your morgage for - can you re-morgage with the same provider and do it to cover the shortfall ...

speak to the bank - if your paying ( but have a 2 month lag in payments then they should be willing to defer -- )

- G
We have been talking to them. But the paperwork they filled out they told me that I needed to either find a way to make $1000 more a month or have $1000 less in expenses otherwise they wouldn't be able to do anything for us.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Bob, one silver lining in this is when you're at bottom, there's nowhere but go up. :)

I do hope that everything works out one way or other.

Tambo

Local time
Foreclose after 2 months???? That's disgusting.

Credit card debt and any other arrears debt can usually be negotiated down to nominal amounts in order to allow you to meet current outgoings and service older debts at a manageable rate.

Hope you get it sorted.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The "sadly for others" part.

When I was banned there were many here who openly said the forums would be better without me, so naturally if I was dead then the forums would be better?

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
When I was banned there were many here who openly said the forums would be better without me, so naturally if I was dead then the forums would be better?

Col

You're getting sillier.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You're getting sillier.

I think you're right.

Anyway, this thread is about Bob's situation, lets hope something comes along.

Am I right in thinking that foreclosure in the USA is the same as reposession in the UK? i.e. you're out on the street?

Col

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 09:47
Am I right in thinking that foreclosure in the USA is the same as reposession in the UK? i.e. you're out on the street?

Pretty much. We don't care where you go but you can't stay here.

I hope you're able to work things out somehow. I know it's a bit tough right now. We at least still have our jobs, but my husband's company instituted a company wide 10% pay cut until probably October or so, so we're going to have some tough times ahead too for the next few months. Hopefully things will turn around by then, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom