ABC News Bans Flag Lapel Pins (2 Viewers)

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:21
ABC News Bans Flag Lapel Pins

Yesterday, the brass at ABC News issued orders forbidding reporters to wear lapel pin American flags or other patriotic insignia. Their reasoning was that ABC should remain neutral about 'causes'.

Since when is support for preventing our death & destruction s ome sort of a cause? Since when is patriotism to be discouraged. I urge you to boycott ABC and its sponsors and affiliates.

We are slowly losing everything our country stands for, and everything our men and women fought and died to preserve.

What in the hell is going on in this country...............Is it me?

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 13:21
Be glad the hate America stuff around here has lightened up? - :)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:21
Why does Bush wear a stupid badge? I thought it maybe to remind him which country he is President of.

We are slowly losing everything our country stands for, and everything our men and women fought and died to preserve.

What in the hell is going on in this country...............Is it me?

America went down the pan years ago when Bush invaded Iraq. Your soldiers die to secure oil for the rich business men who run your country. It has nothing to do with democracy or the "war on terror", that's just a line fed to you by your spin doctors, and gullible Americans believe it? Patriotism is not on the warmongering high brass's minds - it's two things only - oil and money.

Why do you think Bush hands out contracts to companies he is involved with? Because of the backhanders he and his rich daddy get.

Did you never see the film Fahrenheit 9/11?

Col

KenHigg

Local time
Why does Bush wear a stupid badge? I thought it maybe to remind him which country he is President of.

America went down the pan years ago when Bush invaded Iraq. Your soldiers die to secure oil for the rich business men who run your country. It has nothing to do with democracy or the "war on terror", that's just a line fed to you by your spin doctors, and gullible Americans believe it? Patriotism is not on the warmongering high brass's minds - it's two things only - oil and money.

Why do you think Bush hands out contracts to companies he is involved with? Because of the backhanders he and his rich daddy get.

Col

I guess I spoke too soon - :p

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The incredible man Peter Ustinov sums it up very well in his Quote:

"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich." - On the Iraq war in 2003

I don't think it's as easy as saying its oil, or money, although both to have their part to play, it's more down to "evil men" and I mean on both sides, there is always two sides to any story.

Local time
Today, 12:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex

Fahrenheit 9/11? All of y'all is rill smart if u cayan watch it. Wee noes a gud jurnelist like hymn allays tels thu truth. An' that thar philm is rill truthful an' tels thu fax rill gud. I shore im glad ya'll is so smart.

KenHigg

Local time
Fahrenheit 9/11? All of y'all is rill smart if u cayan watch it. Wee noes a gud jurnelist like hymn allays tels thu truth. An' that thar philm is rill truthful an' tels thu fax rill gud. I shore im glad ya'll is so smart.

I jes be GW kan ye jes 'splain it too me once'd agin... :p

Local time
I jes be GW kan ye jes 'splain it too me once'd agin... :p

I don' reckin ahm smart 'nuff. Ah's theenkin' Fahrenheit 9/11 'sfer sheap. Ah's prolly rowng tho. Ah hain't s'fistcatid 'nuff t'preeshiate awl that there intlect an' rill live fax an' stuff ah reckin, doncha noe?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I don' reckin ahm smart 'nuff. Ah's theenkin' Fahrenheit 9/11 'sfer sheap. Ah's prolly rowng tho. Ah hain't s'fistcatid 'nuff t'preeshiate awl that there intlect an' rill live fax an' stuff ah reckin, doncha noe?

Well, until there is some official evidence against Fahrenheit 9/11, I have to say the facts are overwhelming.

Obviously you'll be slamming it because of the excellent job GWB and cronies have done in brainwashing, hoodwinking and generally misleading the American public.

Still, it's all academic now, 5,000 good ol' boys are dead because of a warmongering money grabbing president. I hope you vote in a better one in November.

Col

KenHigg

Local time

I'm wid da limy on dis 'un gW... I sawd a flyn pig on da tv an until I see's some of dat oficial eviednce agin it, well I jes gona hav 2 beleeb dem pigs kin fly...:p

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
As someone once said "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel".

I was never convinced about the Florida result in 2000 especially after Governor Jeb Bush intervened to make sure the recount went the right way (at least for his family).:rolleyes:

Local time
I'm wid da limy on dis 'un gW... I sawd a flyn pig on da tv an until I see's some of dat oficial eviednce agin it, well I jes gona hav 2 beleeb dem pigs kin fly...:p

Ah reckin ur rite Ken. Hain't no evdense agin' Fahrenheit 9/11 so's it mus' bee rill gud. An' its so smart an ful o' fax n stuf (an ah meen rill live fax two 't them thar rill smart peepl lik the limy dun pruvd a hunert persent). Tain't no way we heer stoops is evr gonna bee able ta pruv a rill smart philm lik Fahrenheit 9/11, 'speshully wi' rill smart peeple nowin' awl the rill smart fax; tain't no waa weuns'll evr gonna bee able ta pruv tain't rill. 'Ats caws day is rill smart, lahts smartn weuns, nowin' awl bout dem rill fax an stuff, doncha noe?

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:21
What language are you all speaking??? Weren't you all just over on the official english language thread complaining that ENGLISH should be the official language?:eek:

KenHigg

Local time
Ah reckin ur rite Ken. Hain't no evdense agin' Fahrenheit 9/11 so's it mus' bee rill gud. An' its so smart an ful o' fax n stuf (an ah meen rill live fax two 't them thar rill smart peepl lik the limy dun pruvd a hunert persent). Tain't no way we heer stoops is evr gonna bee able ta pruv a rill smart philm lik Fahrenheit 9/11, 'speshully wi' rill smart peeple nowin' awl the rill smart fax; tain't no waa weuns'll evr gonna bee able ta pruv tain't rill. 'Ats caws day is rill smart, lahts smartn weuns, nowin' awl bout dem rill fax an stuff, doncha noe?

Ah evin saw'd a pig count onc'd on da tv - now jes gime sum ah dat oficial eviednce dat wut'n tru bro!

Local time
Ah evin saw'd a pig count onc'd on da tv - now jes gime sum ah dat oficial eviednce dat wut'n tru bro!

Ah noed twas tru! Ah dun seen it! Twas rite dare on dat teevee 'ver yonder 'tha Walmarts. An day, dem pigs, day mak dis yer screemin' sown, sowns lik: wreeeeeeeeee, wreeeeeeeeeeeee, day mak dat dare sown win days flyin' an rite win days fru cowntin. Its rill live fax lik dat dare Fahrenheit 9/11, u noe, dat dare philm fer rill smart peepl, not weuns hoo haint gat since ta git out 'da rane, but rill smart peepl.

Local time
What language are you all speaking??? Weren't you all just over on the official english language thread complaining that ENGLISH should be the official language?:eek:

Oh, sorry you had to see that, Alisa. I don't recall saying that English should be the official language. Did I? I've been a bit sick lately and may be delirious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom