Access 2000 and Access '97 compatability/switchboards in 2000 (1 Viewer)

Jurni

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:24
I am using Access 2000. Unfortunately, most of the people who will accessing a database I need to create are still using Access '97. I know I can convert the finished database to "an earlier version," but once I do that I can't make any design changes, which is a big problem. I don't see any way to save the database in an earlier version that would allow me to make changes. What can I do?

Also, there is no option in Access 2000 to create a switchboard (at least I didn't see one). I tried to add it in by using the installation disk (Premier Office 2000), but didn't see the option of adding in a switchboard manager. How do you create a switchboard in Access 2000?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T

talic

Switchboard manager is an Add-in.

On the Tools menu, point to Add-ins, and then click Switchboard Manager.

If Microsoft Access asks if you'd like to create a switchboard, click Yes.

In the Switchboard Manager dialog box, click Edit.

In the Edit Switchboard Page dialog box, type a name for the switchboard in the Switchboard Name box, and then click New.

In the Edit Switchboard Item dialog box, type the text for the first switchboard button in the Text box, and then click a command in the Command box. For example, type Review Products in the Text box, and then click Open Form In Edit Mode in the Command box.

Depending on which command you click, Microsoft Access displays another box below the Command box. Click an item in this box, if necessary. For example, if you clicked Open Form In Edit Mode in the Command box in step 5, click the name of the form you want to open in the Form box, such as Review Products, and then click OK.

Repeat steps 4 through 6 until you've added all the items to the switchboard. If you want to edit or delete an item, click the item in the Items On This Switchboard box, and then click Edit or Delete. If you want to rearrange items, click the item in the box, and then click Move Up or Move Down.

Click Close.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:24
You didn't answer Jurni's question. He wasn't asking how to use the switchboard but how to install it. I just discovered I have the same problem. I thought I installed all the options but I also do not have the switchboard option. Does anyone know the EXACT option that installs the switchboard add-in?

Jurni

Registered User.
Local time
Good news!!! The "Switchboard Manager" in Access 2000 is under "tools" then "database utilities."

Jurni

Registered User.
Local time
Good news!!! The "Switchboard Manager" in Access 2000 is under "tools" then "database utilities."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom