Solved Access 2003 command bar manager? (1 Viewer)

burma

Local time
Today, 04:13
Hello - I'm looking for a tool that can create and/or document custom Access 2003 mdb command bars, buttons, etc. It needs to show the command executed, whether it's a macro, sub, function, or popup. Anyone know of such a tool? Thanks

burma

Local time
Access Shortcut (right-click) Tool is useful in Access 2016 but I'm looking for a Toolbar Manager for Access 2003. Everything I've done with toolbar commands has been in VBA, which is not much fun. BTW, anyone know where custom toolbar commands are stored in Access 2003? In one of the system tables? Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Access Shortcut (right-click) Tool is useful in Access 2016 but I'm looking for a Toolbar Manager for Access 2003. Everything I've done with toolbar commands has been in VBA, which is not much fun. BTW, anyone know where custom toolbar commands are stored in Access 2003? In one of the system tables? Thanks
Oh, I see. Do you have the Access 2003 Developer Extensions package installed? I don't remember if there's anything in there for that, but you might take a look.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:13
2003 is only 21 years old. Maybe it's time to upgrade? This version has been out of support for a very long time already. Cost shouldn't be an issue since only the developer needs a full version of Access. The users can install the Runtime engine which is free.

burma

Local time
2003 is only 21 years old. Maybe it's time to upgrade? This version has been out of support for a very long time already. Cost shouldn't be an issue since only the developer needs a full version of Access. The users can install the Runtime engine which is free.
Yep - it's older than dirt, in fact it's older than some members of this forum I'm sure! Unfortunately, I need to support a ton of old mdb files and thought there may be a tool out there that would help with the toolbar commands.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK, but why not convert them while the current version of Access still supports 2003. If MS decides to stop supporting 2003 as they did with 97, you will be in a world of hurt. Is everyone still using A2003 or are they using a newer version?

burma

Local time
There's things I can do - in fact I do them! I'm looking for an easy tool. I thought FMS would have something like this but no.

If they want to keep using their dinosaur apps, what can I do? All I can do is suggest.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If they want to keep using their dinosaur apps, what can I do? All I can do is suggest.
The band played as the Titanic sank. You aren't communicating the danger.

burma

Local time
Commandbar Editor looks like a nice tool but it's for Access 2007 or newer :( But Thanks!

gregbowers

Local time
Today, 16:43
consider using 'Mz-Tools' or 'Total Access Analyzer.' They are third-party tools that can help document and analyze Access databases, including command bars, buttons, and executed commands like macros, subs, functions, or popups.

burma

Local time
Thx everyone for the suggestions. What I ended up doing is editing the commands in Access 2003, then importing them into the 2016 format file where they end up in the Add-ins tab. I'm also creating proper ribbon buttons for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom