Access Browser object form (1 Viewer)

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:25
Dear,

I hope everyone is doing fine.

I wanted to pick your knowledge regarding the Access web browser object that comes in Access 2016. I'm currently using it, and it works until I go into a more JavaScript intensive websites and thats when the problem begins. I start getting this famous JavaScript popups, that "a line of code couldn't be executed" leading to blank page. My IT colleagues recommend to use google chrome, firefox or edge to run some specific websites. Since i'm using Access 2016, I have a feeling that is probably using Internet explorer, so this the reason i'm reaching out to you for help, is there any way I can tell access to use a specific web browser when using the web browser object?

Please let me know if you need additional details.

Thank you in advance.
Rick

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:25
Hi Rick. The web browser control in Access is Internet Explorer, and all you can do is specify which version of IE to use. You cannot tell it to use other browsers.

RickHunter84

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:25
Thank you for your response. How can i do that? maybe it will take care of the JS problems.

Rick

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you for your response. How can i do that? maybe it will take care of the JS problems.

Rick
Hi Rick. Just FYI, I think MS is working on upgrading the WBC in Access to support Chromium Edge, and it's scheduled to be released in December 2020.

vhung

Local time
"Just FYI, I think MS is working on upgrading the WBC in Access to support Chromium Edge, and it's scheduled to be released in December 2020."
wow that's great
>could it be, the opera mini too?

vhung

Local time
yup
>hope could it be
>more fun with opera-mini
thanks anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom