Access Form - Google maps - Unsupported Browser (1 Viewer)

neo__04

Local time
Today, 11:09
Hey all,

Trying to get google maps to display on a form.

When it loads google maps webpage it goes straight to a page that says the following.

"You seem to be using an unsupported browser. Old browsers can put your security at risk, are slow and don't work with newer Google Maps features. To access Google Maps, you'll need to update to a modern browser"

Any idea how i can get around this?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 20:09
You didn't mention which browser it/you use?

neo__04

Local time
Today, 11:09
This is where my confusion begins

I have Firefox, Chrome and Internet explorer on my pc.

But im trying to open google maps from withing an access form.
Using the Web Browser Control.

Within that web browser control it tries to load up the google maps page, but goes to a google maps page that says the browser is out of date.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 20:09
Try by deleting the browser data in Microsoft IE explore.

robslob

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:09
This happend to me only a couple of days ago although I was using a VM with WinXP which had IE8 so prob no wonder it didn't like it. I gave up on form embedded maps as the google puts a warning about the compatability view which apparently cannot be turned off unless you wanna fiddle with the registry.

robslob

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:09
It even worked on my WinXP VM, however I am looking to build databases for clients and don't want to implement anything that I either don't understand or that might be risky which makes regedit a no-go area. I do have a URL builder that opens in chrome but I guess if someone wants it in a form and they don't mind any risks involved then this will do for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom