Access Object Conversion (1 Viewer)

jfgambit

Kinetic Card Dealer
Local time
Today, 09:31
I have created an Access 2000 database and have utilized the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library for some of my code. When converting this to 97, an error "Your computer is missing at least one of the Microsoft Access 97 object libraries. Your converted database will not work...blah, blah, blah". I know this is due to the DAO Library because when a 97 user opens the database and looks at the References "MISSING: Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library" is listed. The user has to check whatever version of Microsoft DAO they have in their references (i.e. 3.5, 3.51, etc.)

My question…is there a way to have the default DAO library on the users machine load on opening of the database. I would hate to keep sending over updated copies of the database and making them open it, go into References, and check the correct DAO before using the database.

:D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:31
I believe you can add references through VBA code. However, I don't know how you will get the app to load unless you somehow can make it load without compiling everything first. Then in a very vanilla section of a startup form you could use the object Application.FileSearch to locate the libraries you need loaded, then let the "compile on demand" feature work for you.

The help files do contain some entries for routines that would muck your references. I've seen them before but have never tried to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom