Access Qualification (1 Viewer)

carlnewboult

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:35
Hello All,

Hope you are all ok.

Now that I have been using access for a few years now and have also had all your help for a year or so I would like to be able to prove that I can do this by getting a qualification in Access and would like to know what you opinion on getting qualifications.. Are they worth it or is experience better and also where would the best place be to get one.

123James

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:35
I was thinking a similar thing myself so began investigating. As far as i can gather, in terms of getting database related jobs, BOTH qualifications and experience are favourable. Although experience is key and carries alot of weight when applying for jobs, you need something, like a certificate, to actually prove there and then that you know at least the basics.

The main certification companies look for are Microsoft Certified Professionals. There is a course called Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MSDBA) which is the course you would want to look at if you want to focus completely on databases and a bit of networks. This is a well established, industry recognised qualification.

To achieve these qualifications all you need to do is sit a set of exams. however, first you may wish to complete the training course accompanied with it to ensure a pass! these courses are run by numerous training companies and can be completed in an intensive 2 week session or over a year whilst you are working. Click here for an example.

I hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom