Access query design window (1 Viewer)

Adelina_RO

Local time
Today, 21:50
Here goes another question, for you guys: is there any way (even if i need to modify the windows registry) to change the default size of the query design window? As it is, it opens all over the screen, and if i have the Properties window visible, it goes beyond that too...

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 14:50
change windows screen settings to make a bigger screen,
but field design will always show as 1 column, for you to slide the window if it fills up.

Adelina_RO

Local time
change windows screen settings to make a bigger screen,
but field design will always show as 1 column, for you to slide the window if it fills up.
Sorry, what?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:50
you can adjust the each "windows" of query designer and it will "remember" your setting when you close it.

Adelina_RO

Local time
you can adjust the each "windows" of query designer and it will "remember" your setting when you close it.
Thank you :),
but it doesn't... besides, i use new query all the time when i want to test sql strings, so that wouldn't really help. is there no other way?

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:50
Not ideal, however, maybe create a blank query, size it the way you want and save it. Give it a generic name such as qryBlank. Then when you want to create a new query, copy that query and it should open up the way you previously saved it. If you are sure you can remember to do a save as instead of save, you can 'save' yourself the step of making a copy by opening the qryBlank directly and then do a save as rather than a save. [F12] is a shortcut keyboard command for save as.

Regarding the properties window, if you size and dock it on the right side of your access window screen then it will should remain in that spot unless you close or move it manually.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:50
Why not just always keep the query design pane maximized? That's the way I do it, this makes it less annoying to grab the focus of it when you want to close it (ctrl+w)

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:50
Perhaps you want overlapping windows. File | Options | Current database and choose overlapping windows rather than tabbed windows.

Adelina_RO

Local time
Thanks everyone. I'll close the thread since i understand there is no real way of doing this... i wonder why, after so many versions of office, they haven't addressed this issue yet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom