Access report's logo is very pixelated when exported to PDF (1 Viewer)

newyorkjets1721

Local time
Today, 17:17
So I'm using Access 2016 and have a report with a logo that looks fine within Access. Whenever I export to PDF (save object as), the logo becomes incredibly pixelated. I can easily swap out the logo within Adobe, but I'm exporting roughly 40 reports at the beginning of each month, so this is quite tedious.

I can't find anything online about this issue. Any advice?

newyorkjets1721

Local time
I checked that article out, as I suspected a DPI issue. I'm not on a Surface; rather a desktop. All the solutions there are largely tablet-focused. The issue I'm experiencing seems to be related to Access and exporting documents as the logo works fine, DPI-wise, on every other application

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 16:17
that's all I've got for you. I know nothing about DPI. sorry. but you can easily add the word "desktop" to that search, you know. ;)

newyorkjets1721

Local time
I have, man. Hence, why I am resorting to asking a question here. I have found a few unanswered threads that relate to a similar issue on Access 2007 but that's about it. Idk why you're casting so much doubt into me googling the question, while simultaneously saying you have no idea of the issue either. To the point where you're linking Google Search URLs rather than the article you're referencing :LOL:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:17
Can you post the code you are using to create the pdf?
There is a switch often missed at the end of the command , and although MS help says it defaults to the high quality version I'm not convinced.

expression.OutputTo (ObjectType, ObjectName, OutputFormat, OutputFile, AutoStart, TemplateFile, Encoding, OutputQuality)

Also what type of image is the logo? Access doesn't always play nice with certain image types in exported documents.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:17
Minty has hinted at what I was going to say.
I recommend not using JPG files with Access due to their lossy nature.
PNG work well and aren't much bigger.
As with all image files much better to start with a larger image and shrink it than the converse.

newyorkjets1721

Local time
You were right! Basically when I saved as, it was auto selecting "minimum size" rather than "standard". I attached a pic for anyone else having this issue. Once I selected standard, the logo was normal. I am also using a .png file. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 431

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom