Question Access Security?! Need help, Thankssss!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:48
I am using Access 2007, but most people in our office use Office 2003. So I saved my dabase as 2003 version to share data with them.

** However, after struggling hours try to figure out how to set security in Access. I am surprised to find that on my computer, when I open the database in old version *.mdb format, the Adminster option sit on the ribbon as usual(the one that shows Users and Permissions), but if I open the database in *.accdb format, the Administer option just disappear :confused::confused: . This driving me crazy, how can this be?

** I look up the book and guess maybe I need to restore the default workgroup, but in Access2007, how to do it?

** Also, even though I don't need password for every dabase file, now for whatever database I open, Access is forced me to log in password? !

** Seems the security set up now all messed up, is there a way I can undo all of them and start over?

Oh my goodness I am tearing my hair out for all this trouble. ( seems setting Access security is much more tricky than I thought). Can someone give me some clue? I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks !!!!!

Yu

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
User Level Security is not available in 2007 with the Accdb/Accde formats. It is only available if using the mdb file format.

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Hi thanks Bob! But now Access2007 force me to log in password for whatever file I open, any clue how to resolve it? and How do I clear them all and start over on the security set up?

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry have to bother you again, Bob. Access just doesn't work with me, same asking password problem comes up again.

So I Run again Docmd.RunCommand acCmdWorkgroupAdministrator at VB, and then Join, enter. But this time even after doing so, Access still ask me password?!

And even worse, I accidently remove the Admin from Admins group before set myself as administrator, now Access won't allow me to add or edit username or gorup anymore .....

I am totally lost and going nuts : ( : (

can you help again? much much appreciate.

Yu

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
you may have to uninstall/reinstall Access then.

Yu2008

Registered User.
Local time
Still very very confused at Access security set up ........ but found a way which is just delete the system.mdw, and then open again any database file, by this way, Access will create a brand new system.mdw. and I won't be bothered by password key in on all files and add user/group button comes back too..... But...... the set up of multiuser sharing database not yet make sense to me though I've spent a lot of time on it...... is there a source than can show a newbie like me a clear instruction? :-[ Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom