Question Access Signature Capture (1 Viewer)

TheBrew

Local time
Yesterday, 20:07
Moderately capable Access developer with quite a bit of VBA experience. Customer wants a signature block at the end of the report. Need suggestions for storing and inserting the signature. (Access2007)

Freshman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:07
Maybe insert an Image at the bottom of the Report and set the Picture property to the path you storing the file?

If the signature is going to change all the time, you can look at code to "browse" to the path to link to the next file.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:07
Moderately capable Access developer with quite a bit of VBA experience. Customer wants a signature block at the end of the report. Need suggestions for storing and inserting the signature. (Access2007)

Hi,

is it a fixed signature or does it potentially have an option to be signed 'on screen' by way of tablet pen? If the latter, i have nearly finished developing a function that can sit on a form and by way of setting a rectangle in design view, can capture anything within it and save it as an image whilst saving the path. Then, you would get the captured path of the image and set the image object on the report to display the signature

cheers

Nigel

TheBrew

Local time
Yesterday, 20:07
Thanks for your response. I assume that you are using a Windows-based tablet. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any such tablets that do NOT have an integral camera (forbidden due to security reasons). I have found a work - around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom