Add duplicate record with some modifications, and with new ID in access database (1 Viewer)

Ihk

Local time
Today, 21:32
Requirement:
Access database
I want that specific record should appear on the form and make some edits in any field and Add it as new record.
I have articles entry database with their details. Some times, same Article I want to re-enter that article with some modifications of some fields (for example, price, quantity etc).

What I have:

1. I have interactive “searchform” (based on Query), which brings records in rows
  2. Double click on any of row (of “searchform”) ---- opens a new form (“detail form”) with detail of specific record (articles).
  3. This is linked with “ID” that’s why it brings only specific record on “detailform” from the specific selected row of “searchForm”
  4. Now I want that, I should be able to re-add that record in access table with little modification but with new ID.
  5. PROBLEM:
    1. If for the form "detailform" I set "Data Entry property = Yes" then form opens as blank, no record on that form (even it is linked to "searchForm".
    2. If I set "Data Entry Property = No" then my record is not added by "Add button"
Purpose of repeated Entry / Duplicate entry is
This will help to avoid to completely re-enter all the data of that specific article which is already in there in the data base the through the “maindataEntryForm”

Any way out Please. Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom